amuck-landowner

Monitoring system - free beta

jhadley

Verified Provider
I'm developing a server resource monitoring system as a more cost-efficient alternative to some of the big names. So far I have a (nearly) MVP and am adding new features every day. The system currently comprises load, memory, space, inodes, IO and TX/RX monitoring + alerting.

Screenshot: http://uploadir.com/u/sw161q68

I'm currently offering a free account to beta testers to try on non-crucial servers. This will help load test the platform and figure out the best way forward for the software.

If you're interested, please fill out this very short form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cjuZYlsGNVuoFYJDhmDyQyriKcGTbkXf5uqwFapzauw/viewform

Thanks

spry

Interesting. If I may, what will make this unique or stand out from the rest (potential competitors)? Besides the cost-efficient price point that is.

By the way, what is it written in, Ruby?

jhadley

Verified Provider
Interesting. If I may, what will make this unique or stand out from the rest (potential competitors)? Besides the cost-efficient price point that is.

By the way, what is it written in, Ruby?
If we go down the SaaS route, it will likely be about half the price of the cheapest serious competitor. That will be the key selling point. However, it will also feature predicted metrics, application monitoring (which will tie closely to the server monitoring), an API and public stats and complex alert rules.

It's written in Phalcon PHP. I can't stand Ruby ;)

k0nsl

Bad Goy
As I said on LET, I'm very interested in this. It does look neat and I hope it does well.

Last edited by a moderator:

jhadley

Verified Provider
Not to be a dick, but... have you considered participating in the community rather than just using this place for your sales pitches?
I catch up on the new threads here every day, but without wanting to point out specific examples, a lot of what I see isn't that relevant to me. I'm not a zero-poster and do participate when I feel I can add something useful.

amuck-landowner