amuck-landowner

Mr. Robot - New TV Show from the TV Channel USA

clarity

Ah snap.

I watched the pilot, really liked it. Had no idea there was a second episode released already. Anyone know where I can, uh, locate the 2nd episode? Ping me on IRC.
USA has it on their website as well. I watched it on there earlier.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
USA has it on their website as well. I watched it on there earlier.
But they use flash..... MEH!

Episode from last week:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E5FFC2BFD35C007849296A3FA19687CAB17C4985&dn=mr+robot+s01e02+hdtv+x264+killers+ettv&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
I like the contradictions playing out in the protagonist so far.

Dreadful religious reading: On the one hand, he's depressed about the state of the world, how it serves as easily exploitable prey for the Gluttonous Corporate Networks that employ him. On the other, the guy is a holier than thou rat, consistently reporting the sins of his digital targets to the police and rationalizing his decision to do so, as if an anonymous forums 'report' button made flesh. Crisis appears as the psychodrama of an immature, self-styled surveillance operative and informant. Orphaned flowchart morality as police collaboration with no other means of expressing itself. He unparodically acts out one of the more deeply embedded or seemingly insurmountable problems of the surveillance state at a lower level, i.e. its dreary striving toward mere technological omniscience and the use of its vulgar accumulations to play God with other lives. He's depressed because his voyeuristic 'hacking' obsession has reduced him to the equivalent of a ridiculous unpaid police functionary in large part. Suddenly his actions amount to the opposite of offering 'salvation' to life in a fallen world.

Other than that, I didn't really like the show's attempt to fuse violent terrorist plots into the narrative. Has there been a recent shortage of Terrorist Boogeyman Sensationalism in the news?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
OMG!!!!! This shows Cliffhangers are driving me crazy!!!! Can't wait till next Wednesday now!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Was there a new episode? I thought Hulu and USA's website aired the new episodes. Can't find it, and didn't watch it on TV this week like I did last week. :(

Hxxx

I think Hulu is post the air date.

I watched this new episode. Quite disappointing. Too much fillers. Now we have to wait another week. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I think Hulu is post the air date.

I watched this new episode. Quite disappointing. Too much fillers. Now we have to wait another week. 
Haha honestly I think it was alright.  I mean everything was moving so fast I think an episode or two to clear everything up and delve into the background of it all and giving the characters more depth really will help us see why each event shapes the character in that specific way. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Ah crap, I missed the episode last night! Guess I'll watch it online again. Was it any good?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Episode 6 @ 1080p: 
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:64A884ED79714A2DFB7CB30E6706DB30AA279B7E&dn=mr+robot+s01e06+br4ve+trave1er+asf+1080p+web+dl+dd5+1+h+264+rarbg&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

Preview:

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh man oh man oh man oh man.

Just watched the last two episodes, didn't realize I had missed last weeks two. No spoilers, but damn. The most recent episode was crazy.

Shit got real.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Forget which episode it was, but the two guys f'ing... that was a turnoff.... Like, didn't see that sort of crap showing up and with such lack of imagination. 

Really glad like usual I am not watching TV in some public / family space.

... and I prior thought the drug abuse was too apparent and visual.... Oh well.... Definitely fringe PG-13 or R rating with a bunch in each episode.

Hxxx

At least is not as shitty as one can imagine. 

By each episode I just notice more and more that this is one of the shows that you just wait for it to finish so that you can do a killing spree with the episodes, like there is so much filler shit in there. God help us.

tonyg

So far I have liked all the episodes except for #5 which I believe is the one that had the gay male sex scene and females kissing and some other crap.

That to me are like fart jokes for comedy which are easy outs...it put me off for a bit.

Now I just watched episode #6 and this one brought it back strong. Probably one of my favorites so far.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Ah snap... missed it again. Will need to find and watch later.

Was it any good?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Episode 7:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FEBA7825F62BC8CE931F716424AAAA5EF84B5D7A&dn=mr+robot+s01e07+720p+hdtv+x264+killers+rartv&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

Teaser for Episode 8:

amuck-landowner