Need a Clear Guideline about managing a VPS

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by EzzyTech Networks, Jul 27, 2016.

1. EzzyTech Networks

EzzyTech Networks New Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Hello, I am a newbie in hosting world. How can I learn about VPS management? I need some tutorial about hosting websites in a vps.

2. inkoserver

inkoserver New Member

Jul 22, 2016
    i can recommend you learn from google which os that you like but i recommend Centos because it had many how to in google then you can learn more from digitalocean how to

3. AndriusP

AndriusP New Member

Jul 18, 2016
    There are many sources where you can learn. I recommend to order a cheap VPS server with automatic re-installations and try to install and run scripts. Like install any free panel, after configure this panel. 

You can also try to look to youtube videos, there are lot's of information.

4. web-project

web-project Member Verified Provider

Jan 28, 2014
  5. webhostuk

webhostuk New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    You can use forums to learn about different OS and server installation with simple command lines to start with ,linuxquestions.org  is one good forum to learn from.

6. HostSlick

HostSlick New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    In the beginning you also could install a control panel like VestaCP to manage your websites on a linux vps if you dont know how to setup and manage it from ssh.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  7. Benny_D

Benny_D New Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I prefer Scopehosts.com , they have knowledgebase solutions for all VPS related technical issues. you can just visit them and follow the steps mentioned. 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
  8. buildmyblock

buildmyblock New Member

Sep 13, 2016
    trial and error is a good way of learning google can bring up almost anything vps related there's tons of information out there but get a test box with around 512mb ram and 10gb disk with unlimited reinstall's then just test different software try breaking it then sourcing the problem there's no better way to learn than hands on :)