amuck-landowner

Need SSD Dedi

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It's from datashack,..you can send them your own SSD and they will install it for you for free.. probably your best bet but unfortunately out of stock for now, but they do restock often
That's awesome, I had no idea they would do that. Do they require you to sign any sort of contract to make it worthwhile for them? What if you rent the server for one month, and one month only? Any experience with getting your HD sent back to you, or even to a different DC where you may be deploying a production server?

Datashack has pretty good support in my limited experience with them. Fast to respond, fast to resolve.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
It's from datashack,..you can send them your own SSD and they will install it for you for free.. probably your best bet but unfortunately out of stock for now, but they do restock often
@earl that's awesome, since allot of the time I'd prefer to use my own SSDs. I have some really nice 256GB SK Hynix, 240GB Intels and Vertex 4 SSDs, so I need to look into you guys as well :D

earl

That's awesome, I had no idea they would do that. Do they require you to sign any sort of contract to make it worthwhile for them? What if you rent the server for one month, and one month only? Any experience with getting your HD sent back to you, or even to a different DC where you may be deploying a production server?

Datashack has pretty good support in my limited experience with them. Fast to respond, fast to resolve.
Yup I found out about it when I got one of the WII L5420 deal, I spoke to Aaron about it, but DS should have the same policy, you don't need a contract just let them know you are sending them the SSD and stick your customer ID info on the Drive.. I think he also mentioned that they normally use kinko for shipping so what ever kinko charges to package and ship your item is the cost they will charge you.  you can also buy stuff direct from ebay and ship it to DC, they will accept as many SSD's as your server has caddies for but you have to ask them if they need you to send them in the 

3.5"" bracket or not.

Overall yes DS/WII are pretty awesome tech support wise they are pretty good..sales can be a bit lackng but not too often that I need to contact sales/billing anyways

earl

@earl that's awesome, since allot of the time I'd prefer to use my own SSDs. I have some really nice 256GB SK Hynix, 240GB Intels and Vertex 4 SSDs, so I need to look into you guys as well :D
Another company that also accepts customers sent drives would be servercomplete..they will accept any drive not just SSD's.. It's defintely worth the mention that these guys are just super!! super nice super quick with the replies.. so if anyone needs a server in Florida they are the way to go!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's from datashack,..you can send them your own SSD and they will install it for you for free..

I didn't realize they would do that there :)  Thanks for the info.  

It's a good location and facility for dedicated servers.  Network is loved or hated depending on who you are.  Me, I like the place.

rds100

Verified Provider
offtopic @Marc M. how do you change that title above your avatar (that currently says "Phoenix VPS"? I couldn't find such setting in the control panel.

earl

I didn't realize they would do that there :)  Thanks for the info.  

It's a good location and facility for dedicated servers.  Network is loved or hated depending on who you are.  Me, I like the place.
I have to agree.. Aaron is good man.. well anyone who offers $19/mo servers with a 1Gbit port is alright by my me! lol.

Steven F

Verified Provider
The truth of the matter is, if OVH isn't offering it, it's probably not going to happen. Now, if SSDs are the deal breaker, this could be very difficult. You're really expecting a lot for very little. If what someone mentioned above is true about DataShack, you could get an i3 server for $59 and send in your own SSD or get a 128GB SSD from them for an extra $10 a month. That would be your best bet.

JayCawb

Raise your budget by $15 and I can do Single L5420, 12GB DDR2 RAM, 1 x 64GB SSD, 5TB Bandwidth on a Gigabit port in the UK.

4 Drives Max, and 24GB RAM Max.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
It is funny when People asks for Dedicated servers at budget price, everyone moans but when customer was willing to pay 15$/mo for 1GB VPS, "same" provider will drop down under $5/mo. Overselling is crazy Bitch on its period huh ;)

ShardHost

Verified Provider
We can do the following at $50/mo

Intel i3-2120 (3.3Ghz)
2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC
40GB Intel SSD 320 Series

Dallas or Buffalo 

Last edited by a moderator:

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I think the problem is less what SSD it is but more that the OP won't like anything ColoCrossing based. ;-)

amuck-landowner