amuck-landowner

New BlueVM Design

BlueVM

Verified Provider
Hello,

I figured I'd share our new design with the community. It's not perfect (It hates IE) (It's pretty image heavy) (The HTML isn't fantastic) (We don't have any stock XD) but it's ours and I quite like it... That said I'd love some spelling correctors to beat me upside the head and hammer that out as well as any minor suggestions for improving usability/css/js/etc...

View it live: Click Here

ncjuD.jpg

BlueVM

Verified Provider
That took you all of a minute to find? Geez need to hide these better.

Leyton

Verified Provider
I was going to say that it looks like your FAQ page doesn't match the rest of the site (with regard to the end of the content, the push to bottom, and then the start of the footer:

2013-06-09_1141.png

But now I'm not sure if its something to do with a hidden coupon :p

[edit] ... and the about page:

2013-06-09_1142.png

Versus the contact page:

2013-06-09_1143.png

(Google Chrome/Win7)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishaq

Verified Provider
How do you guys like the client area? if you're not a customer:

lgtb6c6r.png

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
I'd say a bit to many gradients on everything. change the background to more of a netrual colour and let everything happen ontop of it. Not all blue.

Will look alot more professional. Greyish/white on blue would look sexy :)

jarland

The ocean is digital
I like it. I mean I can pick it apart all day, but let's be honest I'm one of those people who is so much of a perfectionist that I can't even do anything that I consider close to perfect.

What I really take away from it is that it's not only unique, but you have to face it. You can't just browse past it like a newspaper article that doesn't interest you. It's in your face and it demands a second look. Even more important than a website being attractive is that the viewer be compelled to absorb your presentation. I think that this is a bit genius in that way.

So well done.

Aesthemic

Overall I like the design, but there are certain aspects of the design which shout "generic photoshop effect" to me. It reminds me of those themes that one would see back in 2002 to 2003, but with some more modern flair to it. I don't think it takes too much away from it though; it is still a pretty beautiful website.

The layout of the site was definitely well thought out.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
I may not be a designer, but I do know the scope of what I'm trying to accomplish. I'd say its a lot more unique than a lot of designs out there (a TON of hosts use the WHMCS design or something close to it) and frankly only 3 things matter on a website like this:

Is the text readable from the background (should be yes)?

Is the background neon green/hot pink (Should be no)?

Do you have to use the bottom scroll bar to access content that is important (should be no)?

Anything beyond that is purely in the eye of the beholder.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I'll say this for it: it's better than the old one. I've seen better, and I've seen worse. I agree with @:

I'd say a bit too many gradients on everything. Change the background to more of a neutral color and let everything happen on top of it. Not all blue.

Will look a lot more professional. Greyish/white on blue would look sexy :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think it is a good redressing of the site.

Homepage slider is cool.

Some of the feature package prices are simply, insane :)

I'd keep plugging along with what you have, like just have done.

Client area screencap looks pretty good.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
So, this is what the top bit of the page (since IE8 doesn't quite work with the whole CSS thing) looks like in IE8 (at least, according to Microsoft Expression Web SuperPreview 4):

lgt44f4.png

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I like the design. Blue is a difficult color to handle. It is hard to find a second color to highlight things.

In my opinion three things should change:

• The top navigation (home, dedicated, ...) does not highlight the current selection. The blue bars (top/down) are always set to "home".

class="selected"

Should be set to the current page.

• The cart itself does have a bad background color. Too flashy. The "#37A7E6" should be changed to something like "#3099FF" or "#3790E9".
  • And please no plinking on the stepsbar.
Page looks as it should on Firefox and Chrome.

Good job!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Idk about the new design, but I didn't much like the old one either. To me it just seems so overpowering color wise that it's a huge turnoff. Feels a bit tacky to me. But that' just my personal opinion on the matter.

bbb

Idk about the new design, but I didn't much like the old one either. To me it just seems so overpowering color wise that it's a huge turnoff. Feels a bit tacky to me. But that' just my personal opinion on the matter.
Agreed. In case my nonsense comment above didn't make it clear, I don't like it at all. It also doesn't display properly in Firefox for me.

amuck-landowner