amuck-landowner

New ICANN rules will require email/phone verification for domain registration

Daniel

Why don't ICANN allow you to opt out of .com/.net/.info WHOIS like .eu domains?

But its not as if I have around 50 phone numbers with no link back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

maounique

There is a continuous battle between the government which needs to censor everything so news about what they are doing against their citizens and their interests (including the wars abroad which will eventually cost more and more in terms of lives, resources, support for failed states and bunker states, public opinion condemnation etc) and the corporate greed.

Vodafone, and others will wish for more customers, eventually the prepaid sims will be banned from many services, still, there are always alternatives, not only to .com, net, etc, but also to keep anonymity in spite of the censorship attempts.

In US you cannot be a jurnalist if you are not approved, unless at your own channel/paper. So freedom of speech is more likely the right to proclaim your ideas under the shower in your bathroom with the main public shielded from dangerous ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric1212

Verified Provider
 Seems like a good thing. Most businesses that can't have WHOIS Privacy enabled will have a business phone number / email, and even mailing address specifically for the business. 

I agree, maybe they will block a lot of VoIP providers, but there will always be a "way around" that.

Who uses false info on a WHOIS anyways? I think that is putting your domain in risk of cancellation. :( 

amuck-landowner