amuck-landowner

New SolusVM Release v1.16

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
source: https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/v1.16#v1.16-1.16.05 1.16.05

Released: 02 February 2015

SolusVM version 1.16.05 is a maintenance release primarily to improve the current feature set of the 1.x branch. Ongoing information on the 2.x branch can be found here.

Released: 02 February 2015

SolusVM version 1.16.05 is a maintenance release primarily to improve the current feature set of the 1.x branch. Ongoing information on the 2.x branch can be found here.

Feature Added full support for Xen XL. See Xen XL Setup

Fix Digitally signed the Java VNC applet
Fix

Digitally signed the SSH console applet
Fix Decimals were showing in the XML output of the admin API vserver-info call. They have now been removed

Improvement HTML is now allowed in the description field of a operating system template
Update Updated TLD list. (Automated from v2)

Improvement Added amount of free IPv6 subnets available to the hypervisor in the node-statistics admin API call. See Node Statistic
Fix Web font's would give errors when using SSL in the admin area

Improvement Removed all unused functions from the client area
Improvement Admin usernames can now contain the following letter, numbers and symbols A-Z a-z 0-9 @ _ - .

Improvement Outgoing emails use a new cleaner formatting
Fix PXE settings are now displayed correctly in the client area

Fix PXE settings were being shown under the media group settings. They have now been removed
Improvement Added DD blocksize to Xen PV migrate input file string

Feature Added ability to change a clients username from the admin API. See Change Client Username
Improvement Added DD blocksize to Xen HVM migrate input file string

Feature Added ability to edit a client via the admin API. See Edit Client
Fix Xen HVM reinstall hook was not being execution

Improvement Added option to disable throttle for xen pv migrations
Feature Added option to exclude the 'vifvm' prefix from xen if names. See Xen XL Setup#InterfaceNaming

Fix Added DD blocksize to KVM migrate input file string
Fix A '>' symbol was being display in the json rootpassword variable output on the admin API vserver-create call

Improvement
Added option to set IPv4 connections only with curl . Settings in /usr/local/solusvm/data/config.ini on the master

[CURL]
;; Use IPv4 connections only (true|false)

;use_ipv4_only = false
Improvement Template sync now runs an md5 check-sum on all files to be transferred

Fix Admin area would display blank when opened in Safari
Improvement Check for existing LVM snapshots when a backup is run

Change Replaced Soluslabs branding with OnApp branding
Fix IP blocks were not updating the assigned nodes when selecting all

Fix The email log would sometimes should false positives on sent emails
Fix When sessions are cancelled they are now deleted as-well

Improvement The admin area nodes list will now load faster
Improvement System messages will give a more verbose output when a node select error is detected

Improvement
Added option to set a default snapshot size for FTP backups. Settings in /usr/local/solusvm/data/config.ini on the hypervisor

[LVM_SNAPSHOT]
; The amount in GB of snapshot space you want for ftp backups

;ftp_backup_default_snapshot_size = '5'
Improvement Indexing added to the Ipv6 subnets MySQL table

Improvement General CSS changes to the admin area
Improvement Relaxed the data size threshold for OpenVZ migrations

Fix Bandwidth was not being counted on IPv6 UDP packets
Improvement Xen & KVM logical volumes are scanned for errors on boot of the virtual server

Improvement Duplicate entries will be removed from OpenVZ container configuration files
Fix PHP session locking in admin/client areas

Fix KVM power off would try to do a graceful shutdown first
Fix None numeric values would be passed to the RRD databases on bandwidth counting overloads

Fix When adding a Xen/KVM hypervisor underscores in the volume group name would give a not found message
Fix Json parsing on a hypervisor that uses PHP 5.1 would return random results if non UTF8 characters were returned

Improvement The libvirtd.log will be parsed to check for errors and reported back to the master

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'm glad something is being done.... I think a lot of folks expected more rapid dev post acquisition.

Now that they got the important dev done... :

Change Replaced Soluslabs branding with OnApp branding

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Eh, I think it fixed a few things that were necessary, so I for one am happy it happened. Could it have happened sooner? Absolutely. But, take what you can I suppose.

winnervps

Verified Provider
Well I hope a lot of improvements could onApps made with its SolusVM. I'm waiting a giant movement.

Xen 4.1++ is now supported (before, it was terrible, many incompatibility (templates error, etc.) as I've frequently forced/asked Phil to do so). I haven't tried it yet, but in the changelog, they didn't mention something about "templates compatibility". (the way that templates were handled between XM and XL is very different)

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Looks like V1.16.06 just popped up; https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/v1.16#v1.16-1.16.06

Update Added PostgreSQL migration wrappers (unused until v2.x migration)

Update Added USA (Dallas) update mirror

Update Added UK (London) update mirror

Fix Fixed issues with license mismatch not being displayed correctly

Fix Admin API listnodes call was returning invalid data

Fix Plans were not updating in the database

Fix Bandwidth count log is now rotated

Fix Log timestamps now format correctly

Fix Symlinks are now detected correctly when backing up an OpenVZ virtual server

kunnu

Verified Provider
Changing a branding name is bad. I like SolusVM logo instead of OnApp.

Next Release:

Replace fevicon of SolusVM with OnApp. :blink:

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
And here they come rapid fire!

1.16.07 just came out

https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/v1.16#v1.16-1.16.07

Fix IPv6 addresses were not being added to OpenVZ virtual servers correctly

Fix Url of key auth log client entry was incorrect

Fix Permissions on libvirt XML config files are now set correctly

Fix Ploop will now install and be loaded if not found on a OpenVZ hypervisor and ploop is enabled

Fix chkdsk was being canceled when a Xen HVM virtual server was being rebooted

Improvement Admin area template cache is now fully removed on an update

Improvement Xen XL will use the force flag if it detects xend running on an XL enabled hypervisor

Fix Logical volume mappings for libguestfs are now detected correctly

Fix Libguestfs test tool will be run automatically if an error is detected

WSWD

Verified Provider
Up to .08!

Released: 06 February 2015

SolusVM version 1.16.08 is a maintenance release primarily to improve the current feature set of the 1.x branch. Ongoing information on the 2.x branch can be found here.

Type

Note

Improvement

The admin API vserver-rootpassword method is now compatible with KVM virtual servers

Fix

Date/Time settings were causing validity issues with client key authentication

Improvement

The status retrieval of a KVM virtual server was too resourceful when a hypervisor had 100+ virtual servers. This has been changed to a less resourceful method

Improvement

When a client adds an IPv6 address from a subnet the methods used are more 'forgiving' if mistakes are made in the entry

Fix

Use --skip-remount if required when starting a ploop based OpenVZ container

Fix

Patch for broken OpenVZ debian-add_ip script in vzctl 4.8

VENETX

At least they are finally going to update SolusVM after ages of being out dated with bugs.

I just want WHMCS 6 to come out soon too.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
There was another update either last night or this morning, if you hadn't noticed.  :)

haloelite3

The update could have been done earlier - however would you prefer a product to be 100% working when it updates and take a little longer or for it to be rushed and meaning that loads of updates will have to be done to fix the issues that occur. Remember the people who make the updates also have lives and do not sit behind their computer screens all day 24/7

Rome wasn't built in a day

amuck-landowner