amuck-landowner

New Solusvm Rlease - 1.14 Stable

mitgib

Verified Provider
Wonder what they forgot? 

After updating, my nodes are yelling bloody murder, but what I wonder

Dear Hostigation,

The load on e3la02.hostigation.com has reached it's alert limit (20). Details of loads are listed below:

1 Minute : the
5 Minute : ionCube
15 Minute : Loader.

Date: September 2, 2013, 3:10 pm

Regards,
Hostigation

mitgib

Verified Provider
Isn't that an issue with old ioncube loaders?
I don't know, possibly, but you'd think Solus would pull an update if their package needed an update, they do maintain the master after all, you'd never see cPanel release this without applying patches to packages that need to be updated.

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Considering that before all this went down, they frequently used exec($_POST[]), the only joke is that they are still getting people to pay them.
I've found most providers don't program, and don't care how the code is executed as long as it "works". Even after all the security issues, and issues likely to happen in the future, since there is no mainstream alternative companies will continue to settle for mediocrity.  I'm still amazed though.

mitgib

Verified Provider
I've found most providers don't program, and don't care how the code is executed as long as it "works". Even after all the security issues, and issues likely to happen in the future, since there is no mainstream alternative companies will continue to settle for mediocrity.  I'm still amazed though.
It is true, most do not code, or do so poorly and chose to pay for a better product/service.  I've seen countless people proclaim to be able to write/release something better, and I am willing to pay for something better, but nobody has stood up to take the challenge, so to all those claiming to write better and willing to release, I say you are full of hot air, otherwise I would be paying you.

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
It is true, most do not code, or do so poorly and chose to pay for a better product/service.  I've seen countless people proclaim to be able to write/release something better, and I am willing to pay for something better, but nobody has stood up to take the challenge, so to all those claiming to write better and willing to release, I say you are full of hot air, otherwise I would be paying you.
Being able to code better does not mean one has the time to release a product with support/updates. I'd rather fork/modify and existing product. (which I have done)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Again Central Backup failed to make it's appearance.
They're likely going to have to rewrite it.

The way backups are handled is a complete and utter clusterfuck.

For the longest time the platform never even *made* working backups. The backups would be a few K.

Yes, the primary exploit that solus had was that they took straight $_POST right to a setuid root process with shell_exec().

The only joke is that people paid and are still paying for this platform.

Francisco

SeriesN

Verified Provider
They're likely going to have to rewrite it.

The way backups are handled is a complete and utter clusterfuck.

For the longest time the platform never even *made* working backups. The backups would be a few K.

Yes, the primary exploit that solus had was that they took straight $_POST right to a setuid root process with shell_exec().

The only joke is that people paid and are still paying for this platform.

Francisco
Well stallion is not up for sale >_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Yeah, it's there now.  It wasn't at the time I posted.

It seems that some of the type validation issues have been fixed, but I think that Phill could stand to take another look through.  A few things in that area are still sticking out.
Don't expect a masterpiece boss. MUCH of their codebase was outsourced in the beginning and a lot of it was never replaced. They simply bolted things on over time.

They had a Jason guy for a while that seemed to know what he was doing but I haven't seen him around in ages.

Francisco

amuck-landowner