amuck-landowner

NinjaHawk Purchased By One of the Giants* of the VPS Industry

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So, Daniel, are you aware of any NDA that would prevent SeriesN for speaking on behalf of this? I ask because you're saying a lot more than what most people say after a sale takes place, especially considering this still hasn't been posted on WHT due to 'time constraints' (or, 'when I have the time').

Would he be free, also, to come and post his side here?

Just seems strange is all. Merge with another, smaller company than yourself and then sell off. Seems like that if the merger was legit with HostVenom, that he then signed someone on only to sell and to take 50% or whatever their agreement was of what he would have if he didn't merge. Just doesn't all add up due to the timescale of it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
SeriesN did sign an NDA. If he wants to post here, it's fine by me. Also most of the users that contacted me on WHT already know about us purchasing NinjaHawk. It was posted in a few places on WHT i believe. 

I know most companies do not speak much when they buy a company. I don't mind, it's not like it's a bad thing. 

- Daniel :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This is from a week ago.... on WHT

01-08-2014, 12:46 PM
SeriesN
Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear,

Quote: Originally Posted by kpmedia
The owner is far more active at vpsBoard.com than WHT.
But he's not been online there in a week: https://vpsboard.com/user/13-seriesn/

The SSL URL is what I had bookmarked, too.

My VPS is up, and working fast as always. It's a dev server I actively use for testing site code and panels.

Due to my NDA, I am not allowed to speak much about it but I have no parts in NH's day to day management as of the 1st of december.
Link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8973613&postcount=16

So I'd say semi-confidently that whatever deal that was done, wasn't involving SeriesN, although bearing his name.

SeriesN has been a good friend to many around here, a good stand up sort of guy.  So me personally, I want to know everything is kosher and he hasn't somehow been screwed out of his company.  Of course, the customers getting bounced around are a concern here too.

Last edited by a moderator:

vRozenSch00n

I know most companies do not speak much when they buy a company. I don't mind, it's not like it's a bad thing. 
I'm not a NinjaHawk customer but as an end user, I had some experience when my provider sold his company to other company.

It is fine when a notice is given beforehand and the old provider introduces end users to the new provider and they assure end users that they are in good hands.

Sometimes end users, in this case me, use a service not because of the superb machine, but based on mutual trust and convenience to deal with the owner or the tech support. So when a surprising takeover happened without a proper notice or introduction, it's hard for me to place my trust on the new provider.  

Sorry for the childish rant, but that's just me.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well not to rain on the parade, but I've kicked this idea a bunch of times in past 2 days.

Customers buy in this segment for 2 REASONS:

1.  Geography (includes datacenter).

2.  Personality / trust factor / reputation of the company.

Of course price is a factor. Mind you these are customers who aren't fresh of the rip-me-off-boat.

So when the location changes and the ownership/personality is gone, good luck with asset and salvaging things.  Providers move/dump locations 90% of the time, I dump them.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I'm not a NinjaHawk customer but as an end user, I had some experience when my provider sold his company to other company.

It is fine when a notice is given beforehand and the old provider introduces end users to the new provider and they assure end users that they are in good hands.

Sometimes end users, in this case me, use a service not because of the superb machine, but based on mutual trust and convenience to deal with the owner or the tech support. So when a surprising takeover happened without a proper notice or introduction, it's hard for me to place my trust on the new provider.  

Sorry for the childish rant, but that's just me.
Second that.

I am not buying into a HP or DELL server.

I am buying into a location and a person I trust.

What would be Catalysthost without Ryan, Ramnode without Nick, DotVPS without Jack, ServerDragon without Joe, BuyVM without Fran, Tactical without Ian, BlueVM without Ishaq?

They would be exchangeable companies without the needed dedication to make them better than the rest.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Well not to rain on the parade, but I've kicked this idea a bunch of times in past 2 days.

Customers buy in this segment for 2 REASONS:

1.  Geography (includes datacenter).

2.  Personality / trust factor / reputation of the company.

Of course price is a factor. Mind you these are customers who aren't fresh of the rip-me-off-boat.

So when the location changes and the ownership/personality is gone, good luck with asset and salvaging things.  Providers move/dump locations 90% of the time, I dump them.
You were typing faster than me.

Good to see others with the same values.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
My God, it'd be BuyVM with just Aldryic and Anthony!  Scary!

But seriously...this analysis is spot on.  I'd argue that price really doesn't matter once you're in the "lowend" tier.  It's all about reputation and secondarily geography.
I'd replace "lowend tier" in that statement with "small and medium sized businesses".

Trust and the personalities behind the business are often the deciding factor in a customer's decision on whether to use or not use a small/medium sized business/provider.  With a large provider like [insert EIG brand here] the personalities/personal trustworthiness of the company's management team (who more times than not are unknown to the customers) really don't come into play (unless we're talking about Bob Parsons and Elephants :p)

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I can't be certain, but I remember being approached about taking over a company, just cannot remember if it was this one or not... Oh wells... I should of picked it up... lol

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
I can't be certain, but I remember being approached about taking over a company, just cannot remember if it was this one or not... Oh wells... I should of picked it up... lol
Haha I remember when K-Disk was for sale. I wanted to buy it off of Keith badly, then Chris swooped in and bought it. Lesson learned.

amuck-landowner