amuck-landowner

Ohio Or Out of State With Remote Hands Included Colocation

TechVM

Hello, 

I am looking for affordable colocation servicing either within Ohio or out of state WITH remote hands included.  

I am looking for "by the U" and "utility billed" like servicing. Meaning I am not "locked in" in plans such as 1/4, 1/2, and/or full cabs. Nor I am to be sold up my butts of 20 amp circuits.  

Thank you in advance. 

lowesthost

Verified Provider
a Few years back looked for small  colo in Ohio to facilitate a clients request  it was slim pickens I don't think any of them offered 1U But I will admit  I did not go through the whole list. the BW pricing at the time was atrocious. It may have changed  since then it was a while ago.  

what do you mean by  "utility billed" like servicing ?

http://www.datacentermap.com/usa/ohio/

TechVM

what do you mean by  "utility billed" like servicing ?

Like how you're billed for electricity/water in your house. I want to be charged per TB of bandwidth required/used and either by the kw used or the amps that I will require.  

Not by the circuits or the weird 95% billing schemes.  

I noticed that Ohio is like "depleted" myself too so that why if there a better option to put my equipments out of state. Then it fine by me as long as remote hands are taken cared of included in the colocation contract. 

Last edited by a moderator:

PrivateColo Joe

Hello, 

I am looking for affordable colocation servicing either within Ohio or out of state WITH remote hands included.  

I am looking for "by the U" and "utility billed" like servicing. Meaning I am not "locked in" in plans such as 1/4, 1/2, and/or full cabs. Nor I am to be sold up my butts of 20 amp circuits.  

Thank you in advance. 

What is affordable to you? Also when you say out of state how far away from Ohio would you be willing to venture?

lowesthost

Verified Provider
That all it is though. No one in Ohio seem to have orderly straight up pricing. For example per U, per unit of power required, and etc. 

It's the nature of the beast in Ohio.  when I started my quest I gave up after  the first  15 or so inquiries like you said you cant get a straight answer from them. Looks like things have not changed.  

TechVM

It's the nature of the beast in Ohio.  when I started my quest I gave up after  the first  15 or so inquiries like you said you cant get a straight answer from them. Looks like things have not changed.  

I know right? EVEN when you state exact requirements they try to up your contract!  My "favorite" is when they thought I was going for a full 3.2kw just for a single box!  With such claims as that I honestly don't even think they even know what they are doing.  

So I guess if you don't mind literally burning money, then you may need to just take this to different angle.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
> I am looking for "by the U" and "utility billed" like servicing. Meaning I am not "locked in" in plans such as 1/4,
> 1/2, and/or full cabs. Nor I am to be sold up my butts of 20 amp circuits.  

This is a progressive new age model and you aren't going to find that in starchy lost in time zone like Ohio.   If you were, would probably be in and around Columbus.  There are multiple DC's in Columbus, but none are cheap.

Ohio isn't unique problem market - it's same story in 90% of the flyover zone of the US.  Basically once you get out of the mega centers it is full rack sales, big power and bigger monthly invoices.  Reason why you see offers only in the same mega markets over and over.

CenTex Hosting

Verified Provider
Hello,

Thank you in advance.

We can help you with a 1 U Colocation in Dallas if you are still looking.

amuck-landowner