amuck-landowner

One very nice .co.uk domain

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I figured that would be the domain you were selling when you said it was a "nice .co.uk". But I thought you used that as your personal "about me" domain?

jhadley

Verified Provider
I figured that would be the domain you were selling when you said it was a "nice .co.uk". But I thought you used that as your personal "about me" domain?
I don't need an expensive domain for that, and right now I could use the money for Billr :)

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
I don't understand why people like to post useless comments if they don't intend / have no interest whatsoever in buy the domain name anyway.

Valuate.com for example evaluates domain names based on keywords and how often people search for them. According to Valuate.com this domain is worth $4400, so I think that @jhadley is selling it at a bargain:

7Kr4tG4.png

Just wish I would have bought your other domain from you :lol:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
While I certainly think it is worth at least 1000GBP, I don't think you'll get it here. You need it in some public marketplace, or some public auction or something. It just doesn't get moneyed eyeballs here.

sv01

Slow but sure
valuate.com only do English domains domain :) so

google.com appraisal $0

yahoo.com -> $0

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
valuate.com only do English domains domain :) so google.com appraisal $0 yahoo.com -> $0
@sv01

Not true, their valuation is based on the TLD and keyword search. For example if you search for something ending in gs, gy, re, and so on it will return $0.

No one search for google, yahoo and so on, so of course they're valuated at $0 since there is no SEO value in them. I hope this makes sense.

sv01

Slow but sure
I see, thank you for info :) I just thinking their valuate based on english word.

@sv01

Not true, their valuation is based on the TLD and keyword search. For example if you search for something ending in gs, gy, re, and so on it will return $0.

No one search for google, yahoo and so on, so of course they're valuated at $0 since there is no SEO value in them. I hope this makes sense.

jhadley

Verified Provider
While I certainly think it is worth at least 1000GBP, I don't think you'll get it here. You need it in some public marketplace, or some public auction or something. It just doesn't get moneyed eyeballs here.
I posted it in a few places. Same sort of story at WHT and WHC - people like it but just don't have £1k for a domain. Fair enough I guess ;)

BK_

Valuate.com for example evaluates domain names based on keywords and how often people search for them. According to Valuate.com this domain is worth $4400
Unfortunately, Valuate isn't something that can be relied on for an un-inflated appraisal - it's a bot, it's not perfect.

I've appraised domains on Valuate, for shits-and-giggles, where the listed value was $0. These same domains have turned into $xxxx profits :) I've also appraised domains there where the listed value was ~$2000, yet they're worth only ~$100 at most. People use Valuate, Estibot and various other domain appraisal bots to inflate the price of a domain while they're attempting to get rid of it (ex. Hey, this site tells me it's worth $500, but i'll give it to you for $100!).

While I certainly think it is worth at least 1000GBP

Unfortunately the domain has a few downsides in terms of selling features. The .co.uk extension makes it only appealing to people in that region. In terms of someone buying the domain on a whim, I'd say very unlikely. What @jhadley will probably need is someone looking for this domain specifically in order for him to get the amount he's asking for. I doubt he'll get it in an auction setting.

Just my feedback/opinion :)

amuck-landowner