amuck-landowner

Oracle released VirtualBox 5.0! New features and many improvements.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I believe a lot of us probably use VirtualBox at home to test out new distros or run isolated VMs for specific tasks or needs. Well, Oracle has released VirtualBox 5.0!  Now with (easier to use) Headless and Detachable options!

There have been many improvements and even some new features. Take a peak at the official Oracle press-release announcement here: https://www.oracle.com/corporate/pressrelease/oracle-vm-virtualbox-5-070915.html or the more informative release here: https://blogs.oracle.com/virtualization/entry/oracle_vm_virtualbox_5_07

Last edited by a moderator:

k0nsl

Bad Goy
I got all excited, so hit the "check for updates" located in the "Help"-menu:

2015-07-10_11-28-05.png

Oh really?

2015-07-10_11-29-17.png

I guess I'll just download it... ^_^ 

[EDIT]

All set:

2015-07-10_11-38-53.png

Thanks for the heads up @MannDude  :) 

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I was disappointed about the gui, but after looking at the settings of a VM...

Encryption, Video recording, more than one monitor, possibility to alter the menues per VM, heck what a great release.

AuroraZero

Compiling a new kernel because for some odd reason it does not like my current one. Will see if it likes the new one better. Never had this problem with the old releases. Apparently many people have though. Weird, eh what you going to do guess I needed to do something tonight anyways besides building some openvz templates.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Any idea on how to get a box to run with a desktop greater than 1024X768? Dynamic scaling just makes it look pixelated and awful. I can't adjust the resolution in the setting either as they're grayed out.

I forget how I used to do this previously....

heiska

Any idea on how to get a box to run with a desktop greater than 1024X768? Dynamic scaling just makes it look pixelated and awful. I can't adjust the resolution in the setting either as they're grayed out.

I forget how I used to do this previously....
Have you installed Virtualbox Guest Additions?

AuroraZero

@MannDude I am not sure on that one maybe you need the closed source guest additions. They are available for Slackware but not sure for other distros.

I am caught in version magic hell now. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

amuck-landowner