amuck-landowner

Preferred Payment Method other than Credit Card and Paypal?

rawvps

Everything but 2CO. We had 2CO payment gateway on our site earlier. Last week we had a problem withdrawing the money. Even after taking 84 hours to respond, their reply wasn’t useful and accurate..I replied back asking for more details, and I haven’t heard from them yet. 

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Actually I think it was just Authorize I had trouble with (too much back and forth with proof etc). Just I was trying both options at the same time as needed to replace Google Checkout. Just logged into 2CheckOut and it looks good.
Interesting. We've used Authorize for many, many years and have never had a problem with them!

For those of you discussing adding bitcoin to your services, how does that impact your methods of fraud prevention? One of the downsides to Bitcoin I've always thought in terms of accepting it for hosting is that it's an anonymous method of payment. Because of that, you don't have the payment information to verify against the customer information I have always assumed accepting Bitcoin would open us up to people we probably don't want on our network.

Last edited by a moderator:

qps

Verified Provider
For those of you discussing adding bitcoin to your services, how does that impact your methods of fraud prevention? One of the downsides to BitCoin I've always thought in terms of accepting it for hosting is that it's an anonymous method of payment. Because of that, you don't have the payment information to verify against the customer information I have always assumed accepting BitCoin would open us up to people we probably don't want on our network.
The advantage of bitcoin is that there are no chargebacks.  Most people who are involved in questionable activities are not going to like that, as they want to chargeback after they've abused your services, or they use stolen PayPal accounts or credit cards which end up resulting in disputes/chargebacks.  I think someone mentioned on here or on another board that they've not really had abuse issues from people who paid with bitcoin.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
The advantage of bitcoin is that there are no chargebacks.  Most people who are involved in questionable activities are not going to like that, as they want to chargeback after they've abused your services, or they use stolen PayPal accounts or credit cards which end up resulting in disputes/chargebacks.  I think someone mentioned on here or on another board that they've not really had abuse issues from people who paid with bitcoin.
That's an interesting way to look at it, thanks. My thought was that anonymity would bring abuse, which we certainly don't want on our network and IP space. We might just take a second look at accepting BItcoin.

concerto49

Verified Provider
That's an interesting way to look at it, thanks. My thought was that anonymity would bring abuse, which we certainly don't want on our network and IP space. We might just take a second look at accepting BItcoin.
Anon does bring abuse. Lots of spammers and other abusers don't chargeback. They already got their money's worth.

amuck-landowner