amuck-landowner

Preferred Payment Method other than Credit Card and Paypal?

Everyday

Verified Provider
Just as the title says. What is your preferred method of payment besides credit card and paypal?  We want to add more options for customers but don't want to bother with gateways that aren't going to be used.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Cash, non sequentially issued bills... in envelope.

Bitcoin seems to be growing in popularity for a segment out there.

Asian buyers use different payment stuff.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
As an EU citizen you list the two payment methods (except Bitcoin) that I am able to use (to buy US services) without hassle.

Everyday

Verified Provider
I'm not sure I can get management to go to bitcoin just yet, but I will investigate the costs of Stripe. Any others?

HostXNow

I'm not sure I can get management to go to bitcoin just yet, but I will investigate the costs of Stripe. Any others?
Using Stripe certainly makes you verify orders for fraud better. But yes, found setting up Stripe was a lot easier over trying to setup 2CheckOut.com and Authorize.net which process seems to go on forever and ever.

qps

Verified Provider
BitPay is an interesting way to accept BitCoin.  They immediately convert to USD and send the money to your bank account.

concerto49

Verified Provider
Using Stripe certainly makes you verify orders for fraud better. But yes, found setting up Stripe was a lot easier over trying to setup 2CheckOut.com and Authorize.net which process seems to go on forever and ever.
We had 2Checkout setup with 0 problems.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We dropped stripe in favor of Braintree. Braintree is significantly better IMO, they also have phone support. Annoys the heck out of me that I couldn't call to speak to a human being over at Stripe.

Packety

2Checkout is a good payment option, and it is not that hard to setup.

Also a pretty safe payment alternative.

HostXNow

Actually I think it was just Authorize I had trouble with (too much back and forth with proof etc). Just I was trying both options at the same time as needed to replace Google Checkout. Just logged into 2CheckOut and it looks good.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
We dropped stripe in favor of Braintree. Braintree is significantly better IMO, they also have phone support. Annoys the heck out of me that I couldn't call to speak to a human being over at Stripe.
Email seems fast, though I have never had a reason to call them or email them. Emailed once when needed to change some detail (forgot.)

Prefer Paypal and Credit Card. Stripe is good til you have to pay high fee for chargebacks.
Sounds like a one sided issue to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

datarealm

Verified Provider
Just as the title says. What is your preferred method of payment besides credit card and paypal?  We want to add more options for customers but don't want to bother with gateways that aren't going to be used.

Check.  :D

Especially for larger customers -- no processing fees lost!

Everyday

Verified Provider
2checkout rates were pretty high last time I checked, but it appears they are offering 2.9% and 30 cents per transaction like Braintree.  The rate is still kind of high compared to our credit card and paypal but its worth it if it makes it easier for clients to purchase our service.

Everyday

Verified Provider
As a novice to using bitcoin, how would a company go about actually accepting and converting it to US dollars to use for operations?

amuck-landowner