amuck-landowner

PremiumVM Up for Sale.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Dominic posted on WebhostingTalk, an ad seeking to sell PremiumVM + customer base:

Hello,

I have a hosting company for sale, which has an $18K annual revenue. It has a few shared clients, and a few dedicated server clients (resold). The majority of clients are VPS clients (100-150).

Interested parties must contact [email protected] with reasonable offers. Please post your offer in your first email, I will then reply accordingly with further details.

I would prefer the offer to be from existing hosting companies looking to merge with their own, but will look over all.

Thank you

wlanboy

Content Contributer
According to my personal gut feeling a lot of hosters:

• close locations
  • try to sell their business

I know that there is a market adjustment - but why such a high accumulation in the last weeks?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think these closures and mergers are long overdue.  Global economy has been in very long downward spiral (5 years in many industrialized countries).  Do we buy food or crank up the electric and buy some virtual products?

Dom's company was long poked at elsewhere as being another company he'd start and implode.  Writing was on the wall for customers as his locations changed a tad too frequently.  Surprised things ran as long as they did this time.

As an end customer, these deals always bother me.  No one seems to have anything in their DOCS about mergers, acquisitions and other forms of account inheritance.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
PremiumVM was originally launched in December of 2012, closed in early 2013, re-opened in April of this year. It's too bad too, because they had services from Columbus, OH which was a unique location. But they dropped that, and now have Atlanta and Phoenix? Meh.

Hmm... Should we take bets on who the new owners will be? I don't think it'll be RLT though. Seems too be too small to be worth their time.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Not the first time Dominic having problems with his company.

He depended on that Jacob(?) guy. Dominic couldn't administrate a vps /server so Jacob(?) helped him. Ciuld be that Dominic is now left alone and because of that is selling.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll second @MannDude in saying that the Columbus location was interesting.     So interesting, I waited and contemplated giving it a try :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I offer $7, oh wait I am allowed to go higher here.

100-150 containers at $4 a month income tops = $600...  

12 months = $7200.....

Yeah big difference than $18k offer...

Lots of work for so few containers and who says clients will be happy and staying considering migration....

Zach

Verified Provider

12 months = $7200.....

Lots of work for so few containers and who says clients will be happy and staying considering migration....

It has a few shared clients, and a few dedicated server clients (resold). The majority of clients are VPS clients (100-150).

Jack

12 months = $7200.....

He has 3 VPS nodes so you work at $7k/year per node that's $21k for the 3 VPS nodes per year.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Well, they were happy to go with him for what must be the 5th time he tried so I suspect these are all clients that would be happy with chicagovps or even dewlance *shock*

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think there is more to why PremiumVM went away.

Wasn't Jacob/Ease VPS hand holding Dominic and basically doing all the technical?

Didn't Jacob just bail on his company?   Yeah he did it seems... Thread coming in 2 minutes...

rsk

Verified Provider
Here we are about EaseVPS --->  http://vpsboard.com/topic/2176-easevps-covertly-sells-customers-to-myrsk/

EaseVPS told customers yesterday that they were migrating customers to MyRSK.com.
Just clarifying on this, Jacob didn't just bail out. He is currently working a 40hr/week job and there were also some issues with their only payment processor. From my point of view, in all fairness, He came up to me in a professional manner and we discussed things and we saw that this is the best way for clients to be getting their services running flawlessly.

Jacob deserves a pat on the back, unlike the many hosting companies that just decide to close shop and leave their clients abandoned.

I hope you do not think that this is a biased comment, because it surely is not.

Regards,

R. Alkhaili 

rds100

Verified Provider
So working 40 hours a week is a big deal and life must stop because of it? How much do you guys work per week?

amuck-landowner