amuck-landowner

Previously acquired DotVPS.co is merged into Virtora, Jack departs

sundaymouse

It was a while ago when DotVPS.co (previously owned by Mr Jack Septhon, known on the other forum as Jack007), was acquired by Mr Oktay Kilic, commonly known as ispirto or serverian.

http://dotvps.co's index page:

There won't be any price increase. Current prices will be kept as is. Existing infrastructure will be kept as is. However, new services and offers will become available in the future as we expand our presence.

There won't be any migrations. You will be able to use your service as always without interruption. As mentioned above we will not be interfering with existing infrastructure but rather expanding on it.

DotVPS employee Jack Septhon is no longer with us, he has helped with the transitional period over the past months and has now found new employment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven F

Verified Provider
Jack was actually acquired with the DotVPS purchase by Oktay. I'm a bit concerned when Oktay says that Jack is "no longer with us".

Does anyone have more info on Virtora?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Jack was actually acquired with the DotVPS purchase by Oktay. I'm a bit concerned when Oktay says that Jack is "no longer with us".

Does anyone have more info on Virtora?
Maybe a renegotiation was done and Jack decided to leave?  Could be anything really.  

sundaymouse

I used to have a small VPS with dotvps, but I cancelled when the acquisition took place. Jack was a very nice guy with excellent business practise and hosting knowledge. I am happy that he found a new route to future.

Zen

Jack stayed on for quite a while and as was originally mentioned, didn't go anywhere. He has actually found new employment which is awesome :)

We murdered Jack

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
DotVPS was a hack forums product anyways. Doesn't anyone remember Jack Josh?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Dang Oktay just registered virtora.com yesterday.

That name I am f'n blah about.  Fads with names.    Virt, virtua, etc. blech! So much with selling the DotVPS brand (was up on WHT two weeks or more ago). Unsure what that says about market conditions (everyone wants everything and wants to pay nothing) or the underlying assets....

Congrats to Jack on landing a big boy job where the company is forced to pay him a fair wage and his time at work is limited by law to something reasonable. Enjoy the free time for sleeping, the pub and chasing skirts Mr. Jack.

amuck-landowner