amuck-landowner

Previously acquired DotVPS.co is merged into Virtora, Jack departs

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Seems to be some drama with the EaseVPS vs. DotVPS and who DDoS'd who.   Was surprised to see this referenced on that other site just the other day.  Thought that stuff was put to bed last year (yeah there was DDoS action after Oktay took hold of DotVPS too).

Now since I lived the history of DDoS in the UK and got smacked at multiple providers, let me say, very effective DDoS as a weapon is.   They get hit, the DC says leave... out of the UK market they go.

Going to take a lot more than a name change to keep off the radar of skids.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterw

Sad that nothing changed in the muddy UK market. There is a reason why the Netherlands grow this fast.

Tracid

The new support is absolutely "great".

I've asked them to add the Ubuntu 14.04 OpenVZ template (it's out of beta), see the reply:

Sadiq Gupta (DotVPS): Our template list will be freshed over the coming weeks.

me: Sorry, but is it that hard? Last time I requested Ubuntu 13.10, it got added in a few hours after requesting.

Sadiq Gupta (DotVPS): No it's not hard to add the one template however the whole list needs refreshing.
Well, I think that over the coming weeks I'll say no as well ;)

serverian

Verified Provider
The new support is absolutely "great".

I've asked them to add the Ubuntu 14.04 OpenVZ template (it's out of beta), see the reply:

Well, I think that over the coming weeks I'll say no as well ;)
You are misinformed it seems. The 14.04 template is there for the last 3 days.

Also the one you requested is faulty. We added our own template.

Tracid

They seem to have custom baked templates - I thought they are running the official minimal ones, which are still beta (while the official non-minimal ones exited beta yesterday).

Even though Jack is not available, Oktay is still really helpful.

lftsm

I have a vps at virtora, when it was dotvps I had no problem with my reverse dns. After virtora took over they can't fix reverse dns for me, I've asked them a few times and now they stopped answering.. 

I will probably switch to something better..

serverian

Verified Provider
I have a vps at virtora, when it was dotvps I had no problem with my reverse dns. After virtora took over they can't fix reverse dns for me, I've asked them a few times and now they stopped answering.. 

I will probably switch to something better..
I'm sorry, your ticket was waiting for me and I've missed it for days it seems. I've just got notified for your message here by a friend and handled your ticket. It is now set.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Start the deathroll toilet mill dun dun dun.   Serverian must be tired :)  He isn't known for missing customers in support.  Nope, he tends to horde his and retain them.  Greedy man. :)

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Did not have any troubles with my DotVPS vps, so I cannot tell if you have to wait for tickets.

lftsm

This was my second ticket about the same problem.

Problem solved quickly after I posted here, so I'm happy its working now.

Thanks serverian!

amuck-landowner