amuck-landowner

Providers that need reviews

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Deadpoolers Providers -> This is not a give me a vps and I'll give you a review thread, this is a question aimed at the community.

What providers are out there that need reviews?

I'd be willing to purchase one or two and I am sure a couple others would as well. 

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Would it not make more sense to simply review the providers you've used?

Buying a VPS just to write a view is pointless as you wont be using it correctly in order to write a proper, unbiased, balanced review.

Reactions: Lee

Damian

Verified Provider
Has there been an IPXcore review from you and I missed it?

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Would it not make more sense to simply review the providers you've used?

Buying a VPS just to write a view is pointless as you wont be using it correctly in order to write a proper, unbiased, balanced review.
Exactly. 

zomgmike

Verified Provider
I agree, to an extent, that purchasing a VPS just for a review isn't entirely perfect.  That said, it might be a pretty good way to get a general idea.  I mean, who doesn't test drive a car before they buy it?  Who doesn't look at crash test ratings?

A VPS bought just for reviewing isn't entirely pointless.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I mean, who doesn't test drive a car before they buy it?  Who doesn't look at crash test ratings?

A VPS bought just for reviewing isn't entirely pointless.
hmm... I've never read crash test ratings for any car I've bought... I've also only ever test driven 1 car out of all the cars I've bought.

sleddog

Every VPS that I've purchased in recent history has worked fine when first deployed.

The real test of a provider is consistency and reliability over time.

The truly valuable reviews are those that span months.

Buy > Review is IMO pretty much meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lee

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
^^This and what Martin said, these kind of reviews tend to look suspect and don't really do the provider any favors.  Just my 2c.

VPN.SH

I agree that purchasing in order to provide a review may not lead to the best route for the provider, for a couple of reasons. Obviously you won't have had extensive experience with that provider either.

However, having said that, if any VPN.sh customers who have been with us for a while fancy giving us a review, please do as I'm sure they'd be more than welcome in the reviews section :).

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
We'd like reviews... Our customer base seem to just use their servers and don't talk much... lol...

Buy one of ours, test it out like you need to.

To me, a review of like 1 month would generally be fine. I'd like to see some from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and a year...

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
We'd like reviews... Our customer base seem to just use their servers and don't talk much... lol...

Buy one of ours, test it out like you need to.

To me, a review of like 1 month would generally be fine. I'd like to see some from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and a year...
Heh, on the other hand no news is good news - they're not complaining at least :p.

kpmedia

I don't think some folks know what all is inolved with a quality review of a host.

In my opinion, it should take at least a year of constant monitoring, and with running production sites. Or at very least, dev sites. (Sometimes dev sites are more stressful than active sites. No caching, etc.)

Simply creating a review method can be an exhaustive process.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
In my opinion, it should take at least a year of constant monitoring, and with running production sites. Or at very least, dev sites. (Sometimes dev sites are more stressful than active sites. No caching, etc.)
While I agree, it would limit reviews to nearly ZERO.

One year with a provider could prove very different from the next year for many reasons.

I take reviews into consideration for all sorts of things.  For hosting I like to see the responsiveness of ticketing/staff and how they deal with problems.  That's far more important than IOPs, dd tests, core counts and CPU performance; and it will always be more important.

amuck-landowner