amuck-landowner

Providers who own their IP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Hello all!

I am looking to build a small (personal) project that requires a certain IP to authenticate, similar to a whitelist. I would like to find a provider that owns their IP addresses so I can guarantee I will have the same IP addresses for at least a few years.

If possible, I'd like to semi-permanently "lease" the IP addresses so I can use them for quite a while. 

(And Yes, I do know you can't move IP's between providers/networks... etc... just looking for within their own network/services.)

I know ramnode owns theirs - any others you can think of?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Look all the "top" providers have their own IPs...  Well based on that other site and their quarterly contests.

Add Prometeus to the list :)

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Overall I think this is not a very wise plan.  You really need some scheme for updating addresses.
What do you mean?

If I two providers who own their IP addresses plus my home static IP I am guaranteed to have access to the application. I also have a DRAC card on the dedi so I can modify the "whitelist" if needed.

maounique

Add Prometeus to the list :)
ASN 34971

EDIT: OMG, I just looked at bgp.he.net and it appears for them we are from the Czech Republic !

Damn, where did they get this idea...

The geoip databases are off by a very long shot at times, some user was complaining we gave algerian IP, for instance...

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
OMG, I just looked at bgp.he.net and it appears for them we are from the Czech Republic!
I thought that came from the ASN WHOIS, which you are responsible for setting up?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Oh the HiVelocity stories I've heard from Hivelocity techs, not as bad as the SagoNet stories though but I would be very afraid to use any IPs from them. ;)

AlexBarakov

Verified Provider
Oh the HiVelocity stories I've heard from Hivelocity techs, not as bad as the SagoNet stories though but I would be very afraid to use any IPs from them. ;)
Why so? :)

Haven't heard anything, just interested what do you have in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner