amuck-landowner

Q4 2013 Lowendtalk Top Provider Poll Results

perennate

Verified Provider
We should be able to do 0.1 points to X, 4.55555... points to Y, 0.344444... points to Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We should be able to do 0.1 points to X, 4.55555... points to Y, 0.344444... points to Z.
That's funny.

One person in the voting did like 1.5 point votes to 2 providers...  Again, I have no clue how management over there counts.

There were people with invalid vote allocation too.  Like gave away 6 points or more.

maounique

There were people with invalid vote allocation too.  Like gave away 6 points or more.
Yes, I am sure also that some had no right to vote or were simply accounts of a provider this is why it takes some time to check everyone. Also waiting for the offers to be sent.

I was merely pointing out it is not this simple but it is likely the final count will not be very different.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I was merely pointing out it is not this simple but it is likely the final count will not be very different.
Oh we are good Mao = same page on this.

Concerning that votes get tossed and there is no public declaration of such and why.   I see a few votes I would take issue with and should discard.   Things like that should be public and frankly, people smacked for cheating/poor behavior.

Results on the top 3 aren't going to change rank or anything.  Too many points between them and others.   The comboing is going to raise Oktay's little kingdom up, CloudShards and Hostigation.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
According to mpkossen I ranked 6th, compared to the vote here I was 4th. Curious to see why I was bumped two ranks, if it was combining multiple brands or something else.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
According to mpkossen I ranked 6th, compared to the vote here I was 4th. Curious to see why I was bumped two ranks, if it was combining multiple brands or something else.
Some votes were probably not counted ie. new members or something a like

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Some votes were probably not counted ie. new members or something a like
Most likely. I can't complain, we got 6th first time anywhere top 10. We don't ask people to vote for us, so I'll take 6th for not really asking :p

lbft

In all fairness, each brand should be calculated one by one.

If I have a backupsy for backups I wouldn't want my vote to be counted towards winity since I've never used it.

Doesn't feel right.
How is that any different to, say, someone having a BuyVM Storage KVM VPS in Las Vegas not wanting their vote to be counted towards BuyVM OpenVZ in New Jersey?

perennate

Verified Provider
How is that any different to, say, someone having a BuyVM Storage KVM VPS in Las Vegas not wanting their vote to be counted towards BuyVM OpenVZ in New Jersey?
Yes, we should vote on our favorite product with specific location, RAM, etc and see which one gets more than one vote!

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Still sold under the same brand. We could also as suggested, vote for each location and different virtualization and ram and disk and bandwidth.
Hows that for over reacting?

Don't forget that you also have to specify your favourite support person and if you prefer working afternoon or morning.

AND include if it should be tea or coffee.

Edit: change color to purple wherever you like inside this post.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I voted for Kodos.
311254_10151497517232538_1796695797_n.jpg

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh well, I think they'll have their results posted soon. I don't think the top 3 will be different and I believe Martten said they'll use a more logical counting method in the future that doesn't favor multi-brand companies.

Realistically would be nice if people listed the reason they're voting the way they are. Some of the 'top 10' (as reported by Dr. Mike) rarely ever have offers published, others do insane discounts and coupon codes when a quarterly poll begins with lots of offers posted . I don't think the comments should mean anything other than just being there for reference, just something interesting I noticed when looking at the list and reading the LET thread and this one here.

perennate

Verified Provider
I don't think the top 3 will be different and I believe Martten said they'll use a more logical counting method in the future that doesn't favor multi-brand companies.
Every company has multiple brands, some use different websites and maybe actually different companies while others just have different product lines. Not sure what you mean?

amuck-landowner