Quality VPS reseller program?

Discussion in 'Operating a Hosting Business' started by Awmusic12635, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Awmusic12635

Awmusic12635 Active Member Verified Provider

May 3, 2013
  2. GRFrank

GRFrank New Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Hi everyone, I am hoping that you can help me. I am working on a side project offering services to businesses in my city. Right now most customers we host are on a Linode server with cpanel but a couple businesses we host I think would be better on their own VPS. (Most websites are low traffic for restaurants and other local businesses, but their sites are not and are getting a lot of traffic). Things are okay right now but I want to be able to offer VPS servers too instead of just cpanel hosting for those who need it and to expand what we can offer too.

Do you know of any good VPS reseller programs? I thought about reselling Linode and including cpanel and marking up the price but want to see what other options there are too. Thanks!

3. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    There are a lot of reseller offers out there.

Linode still remains on the pricer side of the tracks.  Plans there start at a relatively larger 1GB size and are priced at $10 per GB increment.

Most Linode "cloud" imposter companies have reseller offers.  They tend to get expensive if you are stacking the plan + cPanel + markup.

On the affordable side, Crissic recently launched a reseller program and they offer smaller plans at low prices and have a pretty good network. See: https://crissic.net/vps_reseller

cspacews and Kayaba Akihiko like this.
  4. Kayaba Akihiko

Kayaba Akihiko New Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Damn, you beat me to it.

And off topic: Your vacation doesn't really seem like a vacation lel, still so active.

drmike likes this.
  5. GRFrank

GRFrank New Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Thanks. Yes, Linode is not the cheapest but it is very good. We have a small number of local clients and we do basic web design for them, update their websites for them (food menus, specials, basic information, etc) or get them setup to use something like Wordpress to update their site themselves, do basic SEO, help them get their email setup and have even setup e-commerce sites for a couple people who sell items online. We're very hands on, we'll go to their office or place of business and show them how to do things for those who are completely new to this. We charge appropriately too. The price of a Linode VPS would only be a fraction of what the customer pays us but I am all for increasing profit margins for a cheaper, but equally quality service too.

I will search about Crissic and others too. Also looking for a central USA location. Thanks for the help.

6. MonsteR

MonsteR New Member

Dec 23, 2013
  7. Imam86

Imam86 New Member

Aug 10, 2014
    @GRFrank, A little story of me.

I've ever been in a situation like you too, but my client is rather stingy. :huh:
    Finally, I recommend to rent a VPS, but with a link from my affiliate account.
    I told to my client to save the money by not using cPanel, but with ISPConfig.

Case closed.
    I earn passive income from my affiliate account, my client can save the money, and I still get additional income with some other jobs from that client, including manage the VPS. B)

8. bizzard

bizzard Active Member

May 16, 2013
    I have a custom reseller plan with Crissic. Its stable and I'd highly recommend them for VPS. Skylar and WebSearchingPro are very helpful, over tickets and IRC. They recently made all incoming bandwidth free and that's a great plus for me as I can use them for backing up my VPS's without dealing much with the bandwidth.

@Imam86 I am using ISPConfig and its a pain when you want to migrate a server. Things works fine, but the interface is not so easy to use for a normal user. VestaCP looks promising in that case. Using it on one of the servers now and is pretty simple compared to ISPConfig, which requires to add a domain multiple times into the system for Web/DNS and mail.

9. CentralHosts

CentralHosts New Member Verified Provider

Jul 13, 2014
    We have a reseller program that we can discuss with you more if you would like to email us. 

10. frixelsolutions

frixelsolutions New Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Personally I think if you're considering selling VPS you're better off getting a dedicated server and managing your own stuff. I have yet to see a quality VPS reseller.

11. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

May 13, 2013
    It sounds like you're offering a premium service -- and if that's the case you should use a premium provider. No low-end host is on the same level as Linode. Isn't providing the best service possible for your clients (assuming they're paying for that with you, which it sounds like they are) worth a few dollars a month?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  12. HalfEatenPie

HalfEatenPie The Irrational One Retired Staff

Mar 25, 2013
    HalfEatenPie
    I think that's the old Wireless Internet company Shovenose tried to get started on Indiegogo?  

13. msp - nick

msp - nick Member Verified Provider

Jun 2, 2014
    It'll be better to actually manage your hardware then reselling; you own the hardware and you have more control + you can support better then reselling.

14. Enterprisevpssolutions

Enterprisevpssolutions Article Submitter Verified Provider

May 22, 2013
    If you are looking still looking to resell we have many options. Affiliate link

15. beechtreellc

beechtreellc New Member Verified Provider

Nov 18, 2014
    BeechTree's Reseller program is priced aggressively.  Our solution is currently built on VMware Virtual Data Centers (SOCII, BGP private clouds).  Infrastrucutre is IBM Pure and SystemX, datacenter is 2n+1 for power.

[email protected]

Thanks for your time!

Rob

16. EnveraHost

EnveraHost New Member

Dec 6, 2014
  17. Droway

Droway Member

Aug 1, 2013
    I'd advise you check out deals from dedicatedcore.com as their plans are able to meet all your needs.
    They offer a wide range of discounts which help you to have services from them at lower prices.
    Servers are stable and prices are competitive.