amuck-landowner

Quality VPS reseller program?

GRFrank

Hi everyone, I am hoping that you can help me. I am working on a side project offering services to businesses in my city. Right now most customers we host are on a Linode server with cpanel but a couple businesses we host I think would be better on their own VPS. (Most websites are low traffic for restaurants and other local businesses, but their sites are not and are getting a lot of traffic). Things are okay right now but I want to be able to offer VPS servers too instead of just cpanel hosting for those who need it and to expand what we can offer too.

Do you know of any good VPS reseller programs? I thought about reselling Linode and including cpanel and marking up the price but want to see what other options there are too. Thanks!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
There are a lot of reseller offers out there.

Linode still remains on the pricer side of the tracks.  Plans there start at a relatively larger 1GB size and are priced at $10 per GB increment.

Most Linode "cloud" imposter companies have reseller offers.  They tend to get expensive if you are stacking the plan + cPanel + markup.

On the affordable side, Crissic recently launched a reseller program and they offer smaller plans at low prices and have a pretty good network. See: https://crissic.net/vps_reseller

Kayaba Akihiko

There are a lot of reseller offers out there.

Linode still remains on the pricer side of the tracks.  Plans there start at a relatively larger 1GB size and are priced at $10 per GB increment.

Most Linode "cloud" imposter companies have reseller offers.  They tend to get expensive if you are stacking the plan + cPanel + markup.

On the affordable side, Crissic recently launched a reseller program and they offer smaller plans at low prices and have a pretty good network. See: https://crissic.net/vps_reseller
Damn, you beat me to it.

And off topic: Your vacation doesn't really seem like a vacation lel, still so active.

GRFrank

Thanks. Yes, Linode is not the cheapest but it is very good. We have a small number of local clients and we do basic web design for them, update their websites for them (food menus, specials, basic information, etc) or get them setup to use something like Wordpress to update their site themselves, do basic SEO, help them get their email setup and have even setup e-commerce sites for a couple people who sell items online. We're very hands on, we'll go to their office or place of business and show them how to do things for those who are completely new to this. We charge appropriately too. The price of a Linode VPS would only be a fraction of what the customer pays us but I am all for increasing profit margins for a cheaper, but equally quality service too.

I will search about Crissic and others too. Also looking for a central USA location. Thanks for the help.

Imam86

@GRFrank, A little story of me.

I've ever been in a situation like you too, but my client is rather stingy. :huh:
Finally, I recommend to rent a VPS, but with a link from my affiliate account.
I told to my client to save the money by not using cPanel, but with ISPConfig.

Case closed.
I earn passive income from my affiliate account, my client can save the money, and I still get additional income with some other jobs from that client, including manage the VPS. B)

bizzard

I have a custom reseller plan with Crissic. Its stable and I'd highly recommend them for VPS. Skylar and WebSearchingPro are very helpful, over tickets and IRC. They recently made all incoming bandwidth free and that's a great plus for me as I can use them for backing up my VPS's without dealing much with the bandwidth.

@Imam86 I am using ISPConfig and its a pain when you want to migrate a server. Things works fine, but the interface is not so easy to use for a normal user. VestaCP looks promising in that case. Using it on one of the servers now and is pretty simple compared to ISPConfig, which requires to add a domain multiple times into the system for Web/DNS and mail.

frixelsolutions

Personally I think if you're considering selling VPS you're better off getting a dedicated server and managing your own stuff. I have yet to see a quality VPS reseller.

Dylan

We're very hands on, we'll go to their office or place of business and show them how to do things for those who are completely new to this. We charge appropriately too. The price of a Linode VPS would only be a fraction of what the customer pays us but I am all for increasing profit margins for a cheaper, but equally quality service too.
It sounds like you're offering a premium service -- and if that's the case you should use a premium provider. No low-end host is on the same level as Linode. Isn't providing the best service possible for your clients (assuming they're paying for that with you, which it sounds like they are) worth a few dollars a month?

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It sounds like you're offering a premium service -- and if that's the case you should use a premium provider. No low-end host is on the same level as Linode. Isn't providing the best service possible for your clients (assuming they're paying for that with you, which it sounds like they are) worth a few dollars a month?
I think that's the old Wireless Internet company Shovenose tried to get started on Indiegogo?  

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Hi everyone, I am hoping that you can help me. I am working on a side project offering services to businesses in my city. Right now most customers we host are on a Linode server with cpanel but a couple businesses we host I think would be better on their own VPS. (Most websites are low traffic for restaurants and other local businesses, but their sites are not and are getting a lot of traffic). Things are okay right now but I want to be able to offer VPS servers too instead of just cpanel hosting for those who need it and to expand what we can offer too.

Do you know of any good VPS reseller programs? I thought about reselling Linode and including cpanel and marking up the price but want to see what other options there are too. Thanks!
It'll be better to actually manage your hardware then reselling; you own the hardware and you have more control + you can support better then reselling.

beechtreellc

Verified Provider
BeechTree's Reseller program is priced aggressively.  Our solution is currently built on VMware Virtual Data Centers (SOCII, BGP private clouds).  Infrastrucutre is IBM Pure and SystemX, datacenter is 2n+1 for power.

[email protected]

Thanks for your time!

Rob

amuck-landowner