amuck-landowner

Quarter rack colocation and datacenter suggestion in the US midwest?

That IT guy

Not for a service business but I figure this would be the place to ask since it just as well could be for a business. What are some good and affordable datacenters in the midwest and central United States that offer colocation? I'm looking for something in the St. Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, Denver, Wichita, Oklahoma City, Santa Fe, Louisville or Nashville regions.

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
I recommend Continuum in Chicago for this small colo footprint. They'll do nearly anything to work with your budget.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
Not budget, but for a premium location USSHC in Monticello, IA has been quite good to us.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'd skip those KC providers.  That network has too much bad neighbor behavior and who knows what cozy in the router.

Joe's Datacenter in KC isn't related to them, and mixes their own network these days I do believe.  

The Monticello location recommended above is cool.  It's a decommissioned military underground silo.  

Nashville and Omaha are two cities I'd love to see some providers offer out of.  

Steven F

Verified Provider
Try and get them to toss free remote hands into the offer, even if just an hour or two a month. It could end up saving you a few hundred dollars over the course of the year. ;)

Robert

Try and get them to toss free remote hands into the offer, even if just an hour or two a month. It could end up saving you a few hundred dollars over the course of the year. ;)
Steven is right, more often than not colo providers will include this to so you close on space.

amuck-landowner