amuck-landowner

Query Foundry, LLC acquires Liquid Host

Epidrive

Verified Provider
FrapHost's annual revenue was $17K at the time of the acquisition. That's all that needs to be said to illustrate my point.
Yes it might be small simply because services we offer are realistic and our focus is customer satisfaction. With the recent acquisition of query foundry, services now are sure to come in more solid than ever. We could grow dirty big if we had packages that had 5GB RAM 1000TB bandwidth and advertised it to come with 150 years of staff experience all for $5 but we care for our clients and we didnt choose to go that way.

Query foundry is obviously bigger than your webhost and theres always a big difference between providing quality services and oversold crap, so stop comparing your company with any other webhost brand here because ive never seen anyone oversell that much like you do.

That's all that needs to be said to illustrate my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexBarakov

Verified Provider
Only Liquid was included in this sale. AlphaVPS is ran by me, it's a different registered company in. Bulgaria and is in no way related to this sale.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Not trying to cause drama or anything but all of their brands are microscopically small (proven fact) except for their two primary brands.

I honestly don't see the point in keeping the brands independent rather than merging them, other than making Query Foundry look like RLT or something. I see right through it though, they're just gathering up a cluster of brands nobody uses in order to look bigger.
You're forgetting some key things.

1. Competition acquired, no explanation needed.

2. Assets. IP space, when relevant, worth more than the existing customer base over time in many cases, and well worth every penny.

3. Many positive financial benefits under the right circumstances, where desired. Think taxes and liability. May not apply here, but purely related to the theory of multiple companies.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Not trying to cause drama or anything but all of their brands are microscopically small (proven fact) except for their two primary brands.

I honestly don't see the point in keeping the brands independent rather than merging them, other than making Query Foundry look like RLT or something. I see right through it though, they're just gathering up a cluster of brands nobody uses in order to look bigger.
STFU. You try to act like you're a massive company, you're not. Alex didn't have a massive amount of clients, but he didn't have a small amount of clients either, I know because I worked with him a while back. I would probably even say he has more nodes than your real nodes (not slabbed ones).

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Revenue means sod all, profit is the bottom line. If you turn over 17k and make a profit of 10k, that's great. Turning over 500k and making 1k profit doesn't make you bigger, just stupid.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Revenue means sod all, profit is the bottom line. If you turn over 17k and make a profit of 10k, that's great. Turning over 500k and making 1k profit doesn't make you bigger, just stupid.
The annual income of the average hosting company on here is our average monthly income.

At the end of the day, what matters is that you make money in a legal fashion and that you do whatever it takes to make it, whether it be to satisfy your client base, offer bulk resources for cheap, offer promotions, whatever -- but everyone knows what matters at the end of the day and that's not how many brands you have.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Pretend this isn't here. Not worth the effort.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The annual income of the average hosting company on here is our average monthly income.

At the end of the day, what matters is that you make money in a legal fashion and that you do whatever it takes to make it, whether it be to satisfy your client base, offer bulk resources for cheap, offer promotions, whatever -- but everyone knows what matters at the end of the day and that's not how many brands you have.
Again showing your ignorance. You know nothing about the average anything, never mind average hosting company. You're also the individual who oversells to the 300th degree to make ends meet on servers you're already renting at an unsustainable rate from your 'provider'. You're mistaken in your methods too. It's not about whatever it takes - that's where people like you fail and end up having to post on forums skating other companies in posts that have nothing to do with you.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and at the moment, you're in a wet paper bag with a storm approaching.

I suggest you get your own shit in order before you go trying to fire shots at others.

Back on topic; congrats QF on another acquisition.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I'm not firing shots. I'm giving my own PERSONAL opinion. I'm happy that QF is doing well, I don't have anything against them. If you disagree with me then disagree with me. I'm not really here to say that GVH is better than X company and makes Y more than this company -- I'm not Chris.

I'm sorry if my input offended anyone because that's certainly wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm trying to understand QF's reasoning behind buying small brands.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Yes that is what you were trying to do. You had no business posting negative comments in here. If you have questions, pm them, don't shit on their parade.

As a community we may have accepted your previous back peddling before but not any longer. Your colours have been shown too often and we know you're being a dick, trying to follow in your sugar daddy's footsteps.

If you've got nothing nice to say in a positive thread then stay out of it or I will gladly help you in doing so. You've said your piece, derailed another thread and made yourself look stupid. You don't need to provide any more content for this thread - move on.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Hope the monthly income any high school student would brag about in the low end vps market is going to a savings account. Otherwise it'll be an excellent dinner conversation piece after community college.

"Remember that time I had money?"

mcmyhost

Hope the monthly income any high school student would brag about in the low end vps market is going to a savings account. Otherwise it'll be an excellent dinner conversation piece after community college.

"Remember that time I had money?"
Nah. He's spending all the money on Part-Time VP's

concerto49

Verified Provider
I'm sorry if my input offended anyone because that's certainly wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm trying to understand QF's reasoning behind buying small brands.
It's just whatever that makes sense. It doesn't matter large or small. What adds financial value is good. Business is business. Come back when you purchased Comcast?

It's a progression and a step up. Small brands might not mean much but they all add up.

Thanks for the support everyone else! (and the free advertising by bumping this thread).

amuck-landowner