amuck-landowner

RamNode Offers DDoS Protection (Seattle)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh nice! Congrats on the new service offering. I heard about it but don't know the details. Care to share more?

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Copy from RamNode's knowledgebase:

We provide DDoS filtering in Seattle via direct connection to CNServers in The Westin (our Seattle data center). Their system can filter up to 10Gbps or ~1.5 million PPS for certain attacks. Attacks over 10Gbps will result in a nullroute. UDP floods will result in all UDP traffic being temporarily dropped for the target IP (except for certain DNS traffic).

You have to order a DDoS-filtered IP in order to receive DDoS protection. This can be done on the order form or in the Client Area for any Seattle VPS. We only offer filtering in Seattle at this time. Please give us up to 24 hours to assign your filtered IP after payment is received. You will be able to find your IP in the SolusVM CP.

Attacks against non-filtered IPs will always result in nullroutes. We do not offer any guarantees with this filtering system at this time.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
$3 a month.  This is another must buy addon.

Packet limits and total pipe appear to be similar to BuyVM's offer, if not identical.

Wondering what the latency from CNServers will be since they are in Portland.   Realizing it's regional, but unsure of the network upstreams and routing.  Anyone care to comment on that?

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Too bad it's west coast. Just a little too much latency to my servers. :/

But I might just get one for my KVM vps. :p

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Too bad it's west coast. Just a little too much latency to my servers. :/

But I might just get one for my KVM vps. :p
Yeah, unfortunately there aren't any good USA east coast options available (yet, atleast). But the filtering from CNServers is still great, especially for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I'm surprised it's 15ms from PDX -> SEA. Especially since I get ~25ms ping times from near Salem, OR to Seattle, on a not sp great ISP. 

Jack

I am interested on how you are doing this.

Securedragon way which is colo'ing a box in CN's space...

BuyVM's way which is tunneling from a box in CN's space to Vegas...

Or are you doing it some other way?

weservit

Verified Provider
I am interested on how you are doing this.

Securedragon way which is colo'ing a box in CN's space...

BuyVM's way which is tunneling from a box in CN's space to Vegas...

Or are you doing it some other way?
They have a crossconnect directly to CN's network in their Seattle facility. 

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Yep, cross connect. I actually didn't realize they were in The Westin until a friend mentioned it in passing.

amuck-landowner