amuck-landowner

Request: Failover DNS account

peterw

I want a cheap account to use dns servers that support fail-over. Need it for 3 domains.

Don't know which provider I should trust.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
dnsmadeeasy.com

Very good company in dnsmadeeasy.  Very reliable, works well, admin at last check was easy to use.  Low end price is like $29/year which can't be beat.  Anycast.

dns4pro

@blergh,  who is behind this project?  I keep bumping into it, but the details are really lacking for paid accounts and such.

I also recommend Rage4.

I am looking for more options though.  Too many eggs in too few baskets.

peterw

dns4pro

@blergh,  who is behind this project?  I keep bumping into it, but the details are really lacking for paid accounts and such.
This project is co-owned by Prometeus.
Code:
Domain Name:DNS4.PRO
Sponsoring Registrar:1API GmbH (R2384-PRO)
Registrant Name:Florian
Registrant Country:DE
Registrant Email:[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Amfy

dns4pro

Prometeus and I are behind this project. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or the support.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
Supports most everything you want from a hosted DNS solution minus RDNS and XFER's so you cant tie a dns server into it.

Though I wonder how vps.net pulls this off with cPanel.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
What you're looking for is service monitoring with the ability to update your DNS records on the fly.  We dont have that, but you could write a script to use our API to make the updates.

amuck-landowner