amuck-landowner

SecureDragon VPS 1+ Year Review

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
I don't understand why Hulu would bother to block the IPs. Don't you need to pay hulu subscription to watch it? So they want to have less subscriptions?
No, Hulu has a free version. You can upgrade to Hulu Plus though.

dave

I don't have a paid Hulu account so I only tested their free version. I wonder if the IPs are blocked for Hulu Plus. Either way, we're getting IPs from a residential ISPs for our clients to use for Hulu and other sites that block "anonymous" IPs. I'm a bit medicated at the moment so I'll have more details later.
Any news on the new IPs for Hulu?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Once we finish the move of our fl1ovz01 node tonight we'll get started on the workaround. We're not sure how many IPs to order but we should have this ready by this weekend depending on the turnaround time for the ISP.

agsware

Stay away from this company
they have terminated my services after approximately 2 years (2 VPS) without warning
I opened a ticket and they told me that I run bitcoin miner
I've never done this type of service, and personally I do not know what it is. I do not believe in a violation of the password because I use denyhosts set to ALL and without recovery and i do not run any service no http or mail or ftp only pptp. I asked to reinstall the VPS but they refused.

They do not resolve your issue but they cut off your services.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Stay away from this company
they have terminated my services after approximately 2 years (2 VPS) without warning

I opened a ticket and they told me that I run bitcoin miner

I've never done this type of service, and personally I do not know what it is. I do not believe in a violation of the password because I use denyhosts set to ALL and without recovery and i do not run any service no http or mail or ftp only pptp. I asked to reinstall the VPS but they refused.

They do not resolve your issue but they cut off your services.
Not only were you running a bitcoin miner, but you took the time to rename the process in an attempt to avoid our monitoring.

Regardless if you personally installed it and ran it yourself, you are responsible for what happens on your VPS and due to the severity of the violation (it took us 30 minutes to be able to kill your VPS because it was impacting the whole node) your VPSs were terminated. We normally give warnings for such violations, but this was a case where you were impacting other clients for such a long period of time which is not fair to our clients. The fact that the process was also renamed shows us that the person running it knew it was not allowed on our servers.

At the end of the day, we cannot allow somebody to impact other clients on our busiest VPS node and jeopardize our business.

amuck-landowner