amuck-landowner

Self-Hosted Pastebin Alternatives

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I'm thinking about setting up my own Pastebin/Pastie system on my personal site, and I'm looking for suggestions for systems to set up. Anyone have suggestions?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Good thread and ideas... Just remember, you will need DDoS protection if running any paste site with info worth 5 cents.

joepie91

Be aware that zerobin (and 0bin) actually use AES-128, not AES-256. AES-128 is the default for the library used, and no custom key size is specified in the code of either of the two.

BuyCPanel-Kevin

Verified Provider
I would actually set up GIT on a server and program a web interface for it. It might take more time, but at least it will be your own.

Raymii

I'm thinking about setting up my own Pastebin/Pastie system on my personal site, and I'm looking for suggestions for systems to set up. Anyone have suggestions?
Gitlab supports web based editing these days, gives you all the advantages of a DVCS ass well.

rm_

What doesn't work?
Well for one, tried pasting Unicode to noted.pw today, and while Russian text worked, Japanese text did not went through properly, it was replaced with HTML entities (&17284;&12459;&21235; etc).

I still think ZeroBin concept can't be beaten, especially today with widespread privacy concerns and everything.

amuck-landowner