amuck-landowner

Server management system

Novacha

Content Contributer
Thanks for the reply

If youve ever used something like GFI RemoteManagement or Kaseya or Bomgar - all for Microsoft products. Its basically the same thing.

What you do is you install a small program on your server that gathers data on the local machine and sends it to the server with the control panel on it.

Monitored metrics:

HDD

CPU

Memory

Network

Packets dropped

As well as controlled from a remote panel:

Copying files.

Running commands.

Rebooting.

The agent would act like a packager that collects all the local statistics send it elsewhere to be collected. But it can also receive commands and execute them.

I've not seen anything particularly like this in the Linux world. 

It would obviously need to be very secure as well as light weight,
I have created a basic API that you can put on a server. It is very lightweight and currently reports the following:

• Memory status
  • Disk status
  • CPU status
  • The server's users
  • Network details (bytes sent, bytes received, packets sent, packets received, etc.)
Now I will look at implementing this into the server_listing project. It is currently secured by a secret key, so only people with the correct key are able to get any information about the server.

The source for this responder is at:

https://github.com/ServerListing/Responder

Novacha

Content Contributer
Just a quick update on where the update is at. All base features are now implement, with server network stats and users getting implementing next.

Here are a couple of screenshots of what it looks like right now:

HKO7WFH.pngaBQoKCQ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
I don't see a mention anywhere of a license - are you leaving it unlicensed...?

atho

Any future updates for booting/reboot/shutdown and maybe user permissions associated with it? Also a "view only" mode that hides all update buttons and the manage links?

Otherwise it looks great. Very easy to install and configure and works like a champ.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Any future updates for booting/reboot/shutdown and maybe user permissions associated with it? Also a "view only" mode that hides all update buttons and the manage links?

Otherwise it looks great. Very easy to install and configure and works like a champ.
Do you mean like a public view? Something like that wouldn't be too hard to do. Did you also want to have users that can only view certain servers?

For the reboot type of commands, they would only work through the SolusAPI, but I will see what I can do.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Bringing this back up.

Any possible updates on this?  Or is anyone still using their installation? 

amuck-landowner