amuck-landowner

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action

ShardHost

Verified Provider
[SIZE=14pt]Due to recent unexpected trading circumstances Shard Hosting Solutions LTD has ceased trading with immediate effect.  We urge all clients to take a backup of their data immediately as we cannot guarantee how long services will operate for before being disconnected by our upstream suppliers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you feel you are a creditor please contact:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]PHILIP LAWRENCE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]email:- [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt][email protected][/SIZE]

Baverstocks Limited Dickens House, 3-7 Guithavon St, Witham CM8 1BJ

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Question is, how long did you know it was coming and why is this so 'urgent'.

Jack

Folks sometimes ask me why we don't compete in price (the 7$/2GB 'RAM Race', etc).  I believe this shall be my new example.
Don't believe it was the 7$/2GB RAM Race that created this... More the 1GB KVM $30/year plan... 

Reactions: scv

clarity

Don't believe it was the 7$/2GB RAM Race that created this... More the 1GB KVM $30/year plan... 
If this is the case, there is another host that I should be worried about. They offer plans even lower than that.They advertise here all the time!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Question is, how long did you know it was coming and why is this so 'urgent'.
It's likely the $10/y KVM's were just to get some float and then things went bust.

It's unlikely they had any assets, meaning they were renting most everything.

TL;DR - Join the pony, enjoy the free SSD upgrades :)

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So was anyone here actually a customer? Seems a handful of LETers got burnt, but overall I think our userbase makes wiser purchasing decisions. :)

Seems as if they sent the notice out an hour before shutting people down. You could have ordered yesterday and spent hundreds of dollars, and it looks as if refunds are not a guarantee for you.

So let me express this as eloquently as possible.... What the fuck happened? Don't tell me you didn't see this coming and then this month couldn't pay your server bill(s). Yanked this link from our buddy AnthonySmith who left us: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07679837/SHARD-HOSTING-SOLUTIONS-LTD/company-summary Looks like ShardHost, if this site is in anyway at all accurate, wasn't in horrible financial setting and had good enough credit rating to keep things floating if needed.

If you're a client, good luck.

ShardHost, what actually happened?

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotSecurity

That seems interesting, I wonder what happened. Could be stupid things like blackmail, but it could just be family emergencys/issues within the owners, so they have to close, etc.

I'd really like to know the reason.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
So let me express this as eloquently as possible.... What the fuck happened? Don't tell me you didn't see this coming and then this month couldn't pay your server bill(s). Yanked this link from our buddy AnthonySmith who left us: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07679837/SHARD-HOSTING-SOLUTIONS-LTD/company-summary Looks like ShardHost, if this site is in anyway at all accurate, wasn't in horrible financial setting and had good enough credit rating to keep things floating if needed.
You can't take information on those sites too seriously. Accounts here in the UK are filed 1 year after the account end period. There are many ways to mess around with the accounts to show figures that you want to appear... be it a nice positive balance or a negative balance (each of which has its benefits depending on what you're trying to do).

Looks to be  a husband and wife team (both directors, both shareholders) so it could well be someone needs to get rid of assets quickly so some other entity can't get their hands on it.

Really, there's no way of knowing unless the accountant, liquidator or ex-directors tell us.

concerto49

Verified Provider
It's likely the $10/y KVM's were just to get some float and then things went bust.

It's unlikely they had any assets, meaning they were renting most everything.

TL;DR - Join the pony, enjoy the free SSD upgrades :)

Francisco
ShardHost have their own hardware and colo with Colocrossing?

Either way, yes, those prices don't work - especially when something happens.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 Yanked this link from our buddy AnthonySmith who left us: http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07679837/SHARD-HOSTING-SOLUTIONS-LTD/company-summary Looks like ShardHost, if this site is in anyway at all accurate, wasn't in horrible financial setting and had good enough credit rating to keep things floating if needed.
Those figures are from their last accounts March 2012.  A lot can happen in 20 months. They owned their own equipment and were coloing w/CC.  Chances are most of that cash was long gone and spent on growing the business.  They also owned minecraft host Shardgaming.com (formerly DaddyCheese.com).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I hate seeing any company fail.  

This seemed inevitable though.  As I always point, annual sales in mass are the man on his knees in the church of VPS.  Praying buyers show in mass and float the next month.

Next victim of the ec-on-o-meee and low price can't float a dingy let alone a boat?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Those figures are from their last accounts March 2012.  A lot can happen in 20 months. They owned their own equipment and were coloing w/CC.  Chances are most of that cash was long gone and spent on growing the business.  They also owned minecraft host Shardgaming.com (formerly DaddyCheese.com).
They owned equipment?  Couldn't meet CC's rates?  Ouch that's no sales scenario.

DaddyCheese?  WTF?  What a name.  (staples own hand)

Alto

I had one of their low-end specials that were offered on request back in October, before the AnnualKVM brand appeared I think. Everything was actually pretty decent until this weekend when the I/O turned to shit and tickets weren't responded to for days.

concerto49

Verified Provider
Are you 1000% sure of that?

Francisco
I can't be 1000% sure. No one can. The filing also did say they have assets. This is likely hardware.

If it was rented - I wonder why there just wasn't a spat on LET about payment and cc like some other threads we've been seeing :)

amuck-landowner