amuck-landowner

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
I was actually surprised to hear that it was DaddyCheese, thats a brand I've seen more than enough times. Quite large in the gaming community. 

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
I was actually surprised to hear that it was DaddyCheese, thats a brand I've seen more than enough times. Quite large in the gaming community. 
That's what I'm surprised about, too. I have no idea how well the ShardHost brand was doing, but DaddyCheese was one of the most popular back when I ran MCLayer and frequented the MC circles. They were well known and generally respected, so I can only imagine they had a ton of clients.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Somehow I am beginning to think that Shardhost client count was inclusive of the DaddyCheese brand too... explains the 3500 customer claim.

DaddyCheese bears similar BOO-YA notice:

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)
Due to recent unexpected trading circumstances Shard Hosting Solutions LTD has ceased trading with immediate effect. We urge all clients to take a backup of their data immediately as we cannot guarantee how long services will operate for before being disconnected by our upstream suppliers. If you feel you are a creditor please contact: PHILIP LAWRENCE email:- [email protected]

mightyschwartz

Deary me, IANAL but if that's true that sounds an awful lot like trading while insolvent.
My statement was conjecture on my part, but it seems odd that they would suddenly just BOOM go out of business with no foresight at all. In fact, I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe it.

This is akin to telling your wife that the power company is outside about to cut off the power due to non-payment and that she had better move quickly to save the contents of the fridge while you sit silently and refuse to acknowledge that you had hidden all of the bills and disconnect notices from her. She is rightfully going to be livid because you lied by omission and should have given her more of a heads up about the situation.

Shardhost's proprietors owe its customers an apology and an explanation and not some BS form letter that went out 40 minutes before they cut hosting and they know they screwed up. That is why they pulled their social media stuff beforehand... as if they had a brand or reputation worth saving the face of at that point. At this point, as a customer who purchased 6 months of service month-to-month before purchasing a years worth, I think they are crooks and arseholes.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Baverstocks

--------------------

Baverstocks is the trading name of Baverstocks Limited, company no. 01997854.

Registered office Dickens House, Guithavon Street, Witham, Essex, CM8 1BJ

Philip Lawrence     Development Partner

The firm =  Chartered Accountants.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Sad that this had to happen. Stay tuned! We have a Refugee sale for their MineCraft clients in the works! :)

yolo

I heard PytoHost also does the first month free if coming from shard gaming. 

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Chris, did you really intend to bounce your link via Facebook?

Haha no but thanks for pointing it out dude. I just decided to copy paste the facebook post done by another member of our staff here and didn't notice the referral. 

earl

@manndude

I actually bought the $10/yr plan from vpsboard.. but it's $10 and I got 5 months worth of service out of it so, I don't really care. I swore after the whole RackVM incident that I would never buy another yearly deal but how soon we forget lol..

The only thing was I kinda like my IP, but it was on a blacklist anyways..oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

earl

Another company on the get rich and bail wagon... with ... a dirty IP range... Go figure...  Sad.

yeah, that was the second IP that they swicthed for me.. both were on a blacklist. I think they metioned that most of ther IP were on a blacklist, maybe it's cheaper?

Did not care thought.. was not planning on emailing anyone anyways..

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Wow.. DaddyCheese was a pretty big name in the Minecraft Hosting world... glad I didn't use them, a friend of mine did though.

amuck-landowner