amuck-landowner

Sleeping hours

A Jump From Let

I personally can't keep going if I didn't get 8+ hours of sleep. Actually, if I've got 8 hours (exactly) for a few continuous days, I, somehow, become more and more exhausted. Unlike if I've got 10-12 hours every now and then.

So, bearing in mind humans are different, biologically-genetically-age etc. How long do you sleep usually? How long makes you feel better (ie you think you should/better sleep)?

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I need 9 hours of sleep. Currently getting about 6 hours of sleep interrupted by my 3 month old child. Looks like I am getting used to it but I am looking forward for some additional hours of sleep.

wdq

Quade
I usually get around six to seven hours of sleep. Several years ago I always tried to get eight hours of sleep but slowly started to get less and less sleep. You could say that I have adapted to less sleep since I feel exactly the same after waking up from six hours and eight hours of sleep. 

Ivan

Verified Provider
At least 6 hours of sleep. On average, I get 6-8, if I get insomnia then 5-4, and on weekends I get about 10 hours of sleep.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
I just got this in a fortune cookie which basically sums up my sleeping habits. 

HqLms4Y.jpg

TheLinuxBug

The most important thing for you body is REM sleep.  To successfully complete one REM cycle it takes the body about 4.5 hours.  If you are good at making it into REM sleep quickly from once you have laid down, you can go with as little as 4.5 hours and still feel rested.  For me I sleep an average of 6 hours, it takes me about 1-2 hours to make it to REM, so this usually is plenty for me.

Cheers!

A Jump From Let

I just got this in a fortune cookie which basically sums up my sleeping habits. 

HqLms4Y.jpg
Obviously not pointing fingers at all haha  :p

I've actually did crazy sessions in my life, however if I've did it for 3 or 4 days, I then need +10 hours, and usually for two days and not one.

But being frank, it's controlled by many factors, so generalization (i.e. anybody) isn't accurate if you asked me.

<sort of> As how Aldryic caries the Sleepless Gene, while I carry the Sleep Gene  :p </>

EDIT: to make my point clear here are two examples. First are people who does workouts for body building where you see big difference at muscle building intervals between everyone, some people needs 6 month for what others gets in what could be a year. Metabolism ratio in our bodies differs depending on genes and DNA features. Hormone levels too. That leads to second case, you see a very fat guy eating the same amount of food of what a skinny guy eats , yet the first is fat and the second is skinny! That's an outcome of the first building massive fat over his body, while the second burns fat massively (talking of a case where none of them do exceptional amount of exercise and the other doesn't). Again it's genes and heredity. So the point is people differs genetically.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Funny you should post this now. I'm doing an all-nighter tonight for a church youth group event :) Usually though I go for 8 hours a night, but I can get by easily enough on 5. Sometimes I even do better on 5 than on 8.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Usually I head off to bed around 2AM and finally get to sleep around 3AM and wake up around 7.20AM on a normal day because I have to but in holidays I wake up at around 10.30AM. Better than most of y'all.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
4-5 hours. Today I set my alarm for 5:30PM, went to bed around 7AM, woke up at 10:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep so I came into work early (I went to a 1PM meeting I didn't think I would make it to). A 15 hour shift on 3.5 hours of sleep should be interesting.

amuck-landowner