amuck-landowner

SolusVM vs Feathur

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Hi,

I'm currently planning to deploy a OpenVZ node and I would like to see opinions about SolusVM and Feathur (a new VPS control panel/http://feathur.com/).

Does anyone have experiences with them, which one is better?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Feathur is very new / under development.

BlueVM supposedly has had downtime with their own installation(s) of Feathur (as per accounts by users elsewhere).  Unsure why the downtime, but BlueVM seems to be a common crap magnet (think DDoS).

I am certainly not anti BlueVM/Feathur, in fact so far it's a reputation improvement piece (Feathur).

BlueVM said their source was audited by multiple people.  I am still waiting for vld and any others to say to what degree this work was done.

As for Solus, high profile compromises and multiple in the past year.  Certainly a time to look at options and for engineering code-happy folks to bring the alternatives.  

dano

No comparison yet -- solusvm works and powers thousands of virtual systems today, and feathur is just at it's beginning and has time to go to be compared fairly. 

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
You can look at proxmox, it does both kvm and openvz on 1 system and I know whmcs and a few others have modules that do all the bandwidth and ip tracking for it. All depending on the billing system you are using and how many servers you want to use for your setup.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Thanks for the comments. I'm currently testing out both control panels.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@drmike - The downtime you speak of is more along the lines of systems actually going down (we're over 100 servers at this point). The software issues are actually pretty minimal.

Either way I'm not in the business of trying to make money off of Feathur... I hope people use it, but it's unlikely I'll ever make any money from it. I'd have to sell 500+ licenses month-to-month just to cover the costs of the audits, some of my time spent coding it and a nominal amount of support. At this point it's solely there to provide an alternative to the market leader and hopefully start to give them a run for their money at improving their software.

peterw

Hi,

I'm currently planning to deploy a OpenVZ node and I would like to see opinions about SolusVM and Feathur.

Does anyone have experiences with them, which one is better?

Thanks
For personal use Feathur is a good option. I am using it at home and it is doing everything as it should

drserver

Verified Provider
try openvz WEB panel.

Free, lacks bandwith calculations and console, but rock solid, ruby foundations and free.

Give it a try

drserver

Verified Provider
for 10 usd per month for master and 2.5 usd for slaves, i think that you really don't need to experiment.

SolusVM Industry standard and not comparable to any panel on the market.

Correct me if i am wrong

KuJoe

Verified Provider
for 10 usd per month for master and 2.5 usd for slaves, i think that you really don't need to experiment.

SolusVM Industry standard and not comparable to any panel on the market.

Correct me if i am wrong

It's $2.50 for the master and $10 per slave. ;)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
10usd master - 2.5 usd slave is 100% valid price
Nevermind. It looks like my pricing is different than the pricing for new clients. New pricing is $10 per slave, $2.50 for the master as @INIZ pointed out above. You can no longer purchase a slave license for $2.50 and even in the past the $2.50 license had a limit of 2 VPSs per license.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
SolusVM starts from $12.5, Feathur starts from $7, and each slave costs $6.5 less than Solus.

amuck-landowner