amuck-landowner

Some strong words from none other than LowEndAdmin

jarland

The ocean is digital
What does ColoCrossing have to gain by being nobs?

A few pennies is nothing. A few billion pennies is something. They may be scraping the bottom of the barrel, but this is a pretty big barrel, and locking the whole thing down for themselves is certainly financially beneficial. To those with something to lose from losing LEB, I suggest playing in a new division.

vampireJ

Joel / Chief failed us. Since LET / LEB was just passed over to him- it would have been the perfect oppurtunity to turn the website into 100% community driven.

A Jump From Let

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
responsibly managing the community, and the costs involved with protecting the community from the attacks.

Here's the problem with that idea, Lowendbox had revenue and ads since 2009.  So Joel would have been handed that account and income.  He wasn't penniless when the March 2012 DDoS happened. 

Like now, there were tons of able bodied folks in the community who would have given services, network protection, etc. until the sites could have paid for such.  But again, LEB was bringing in money -- how much? I am totally unsure.

Doesn't it seem awfully suspect that the site ends up in Joel's hands and in under a month, it gets DDoS'd then goes over to Colocrossing?  It's very problematic, because CC doesn't have any DDoS protection ability at last check, here more than a year later.  Anyone could have hosted the site and put Cloudflare up front.    That's nothing hard, exotic or per se expensive.

Joel was either a pawn from day one or Colocrossing attacked Lowend  sites to get their fangs into the site and take it over.

Personally I hope Joel's parachute 'malfunctions' for a few seconds next kite go round.  The boy needs a serious bit of mental reorganization and a lesson in both honesty and humility.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wasn't this the limestone spam incident?

I am not sure if this was the Limestone spamming incident.  But, I am pretty sure if you dig up those threads, you are bond to see certain someones saying how Jon Biloh and Colocrossing engaged in the same "sales" spam tactics.

Sure makes the issue and its inflation in the lowend sites more curious doesn't it?  Colocrossing stood to benefit from bashing Limestone and did so via "Joel" or "Chief".  I saw more pawning going on there.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Joel a.k.a. Chief who was never caught active.
He'd come around everynow and then, I kept an eye on the 'Activity' feature of the forum. It'd show all the accounts that the moderators activated. You'd see that everynow and then Chief would activate one account. Later that day, Liam would come in and activate the rest of the backlog. I always kept an eye on those random accounts Chief would activate as I thought it was odd he'd just activate one account and then leave without activating the rest of the backlog.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I always kept an eye on those random accounts Chief would activate as I thought it was odd he'd just activate one account and then leave without activating the rest of the backlog.

Now, geez, why would someone randomly log in and do seemingly a single task, approving a certain account and leave?

Clearly, this wasn't Joel, but instead someone who had other accounts and would switch personalities to do the approval.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Clearly, this wasn't Joel, but instead someone who had other accounts and would switch personalities to do the approval.
I don't know about that. They had accounts that could/would activate others without it showing up in the activity log. Like Adam Ng/Adam Jackson's account.

amuck-landowner