amuck-landowner

Soo I moved to Birmingham, Alabama to work at KnownHost! :)

Licensecart

That's because in those stats, "Birmingham" includes far more than Birmingham proper.  It includes some nasty suburbs/ghettos that you simply never go, never have a reason to go to, and they skew the stats bad.  Areas like Ensley, Gate City, etc. really shouldn't be counted in these stats but they're considered part of Birmingham statistically.

Sounds like some brits came to the USA called it Birmingham and carried the bad reputation we have over there, but we have stricter laws here than in the US, all Birmingham in the UK was crime and gangs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Take a trip to Huntsville, specifically the U.S. Space & Rocket Center and marvel at a real Saturn V rocket and an SR71 Blackbird.

That is next on my to-do list! 

Will probably go there either this Saturday or Sunday. 

tonyg

That is next on my to-do list! 

Will probably go there either this Saturday or Sunday. 

That is awesome, I haven't been there in about 8-9 years.

The last time I went, they had the Saturn V rocket standing up and you could see it from about a 1/4 mile out on the highway...an incredible sight!

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Sounds like some brits came to the USA called it Birmingham and carried the bad reputation we have over there, but we have stricter laws here than in the US, all Birmingham in the UK was crime and gangs.

Birmingham, AL is definitely nothing like that.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Ah you said some area's was "some nasty suburbs/ghettos that you simply never go"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-street-gangs-plan-crime-8318025

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_the_United_Kingdom#Birmingham

But you can travel around Birmingham city without any issues but there's local bits where there are gang turfs.

We don't have "gang turf", just hood rats in some areas.  Gangs aren't really a thing around here at least not in the sense that you think of when you hear about gangs in Chicago or NYC.

Eric1212

Verified Provider
More pics of the cat please. ;) 

Congrats on the job! KH looks awesome! 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
More pics of the cat please. ;) 

Congrats on the job! KH looks awesome! 

Thanks! Yes it is awesome! I enjoy every minute of my job. ;P

As you requested! ;) Here are some random cat pictures! 

U2wmSVY.jpgLILJUP2.jpg

Also I noticed that the Regions Center building downtown was all lit up a few days ago on my way back from work and I had to pay it a visit. 

A1q3OY5.jpg

Hassan

Verified Provider
Its not bad I live in Fultondale, AL about 10-15 minutes from the city depending on Traffic. The only thing so far that I have found cheaper then Michigan is Fuel. Here its like a $1.80ish/Gallon and up where I was living in Michigan its about $3.20/Gallon for Fuel. The rent here isn't bad either, I am paying a bit more since this is a new development but everything included is new and top of the line so its worth it. 

I looked on Trip Advisor for some things to do and decided to checkout Barber Motor sports museum. I took some good pics of some cool cars and bikes below and it was pretty neat. 

n09u814.jpgN0ZhcJc.jpguPIaIwL.jpg3CnEZDV.jpg

Gas prices down to $1.65 here in Michigan now! 

Awesome to see that this worked out for you, hope everything is going well!

River

Verified Provider

It's around $2.20 in NH.

Congratulations! It's always nice to see people enjoying themselves; but don't get too quick complaining about nothing to do, you haven't been to New Hampshire ;)

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider

Thanks! 

Yeah i've herd it has gone down in price. Its now cheaper in Michigan then it is here from some of the pics I've seen on Facebook. Which is surprising seeing that Michigan was like nearly $2/gallon more then it was here when I first came here. 

Congratulations! It's always nice to see people enjoying themselves; but don't get too quick complaining about nothing to do, you haven't been to New Hampshire ;)

Thanks!

I never ever hear anything about NH so I am going to have to agree with you on this. 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Wow I didn't realize you were paying that much.  Don't you have a 2BR though that's pretty large?

Its only a 1BR but its brand new construction and around 900 sq ft was only completed for ~ a month before I moved in.

It has about every amenity you can think of, all brand new top of the line appliances, washer/dryer hookups, multiple walk in closets, external storage also cable is included with a DVR and HBO along with water/sewage and they pay 50% of my internet and power.

amuck-landowner