amuck-landowner

SpamVPS, the industry leading 2GB for a peso brand BBB

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Fun thread on LET right now with humans amassing to teach ChicagoVPS about spamming and this incessant emailing of CRAZY OFFERS --- even LET mods are in on it:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/40680/chicagovps-spammers

If you ever made the mistake of buying from CVPS or they somehow opted you into their list, now is the time to jump on and shake CVPS from your inbox and light them up with activity.   

In related news,  ChicagoVPS continues to advertise on their site that they are BBB accredited.  This hasn't been true in a while.  What is new is that they have achieved a new milestone:

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

ChicagoVPS
Phone: (716) 435-73059697 Garden Walk, Clarence Ctr, NY 14032http://www.chicagovps.netView Additional Web Addresses

cbbb-non-accred-f.png

On a scale of A+ to FReason for RatingBBB Ratings System Overview

Factors that lowered the rating for ChicagoVPS include:

• Length of time business has been operating
  • 30 complaints filed against business
  • Failure to respond to 1 complaint filed against business
  • 1 complaint filed against business that was not resolved
  •  
Source: http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/chicagovps-in-clarence-ctr-ny-235967102/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I will also be contacting the BBB about what they can do to force Colocrossing / ChicagoVPS to remove the misleading / false advertising of being BBB accredited.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I will also be contacting the BBB about what they can do to force Colocrossing / ChicagoVPS to remove the misleading / false advertising of being BBB accredited.
They removed the BBB accredited logo from their site recently after a customer opened up a BBB complaint about it on January 2nd

Fun thread on LET right now with humans amassing to teach ChicagoVPS about spamming and this incessant emailing of CRAZY OFFERS --- even LET mods are in on it:

http://lowendtalk.co...agovps-spammers
Those LET users and mods are clearly in the wrong because they are not following the correct procedure to unsubscribe!

Both Mr Biloh and Mr Fabozzi were very accommodating and took almost immediate action when I requested to be removed from future CVPS emailings last Summer, and I even congratulated them for their promptness in a post on WHT. (see this post: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9194050&postcount=13 )

The proper procedure to unsubscribe:

1. file a complaint with the NY State Attorney General's Internet Bureau

2. forward a .pdf copy of the AG complaint to both abuse @ cc and biloh

3. notify them via a forum post that you sent the documents to CC abuse department (see the last section of this post for how to correctly word your forum post )

4. wait a few minutes and you will receive an email from Mr. Biloh saying he has forwarded the complaint to his customer and 5 minutes later you will receive an email from his customer Mr. Fabozzi saying he has removed you from the mailing list

5. (BONUS) if the email address was associated with a website, check your server logs and ban both Jon and Chris's home IPs.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Email and RedFlagForum.

Those two have to be their top places to market. Banned from WHT, not banned here (though welcome, actually, but I'd say most here are smart enough to buy from them). Not seen as reputable or trustworthy even in their LET home. Banned from SlickDeals as well. So email and RedFlagDeals it is.

I subscribe to their offers as well as those from other companies that I have no intention to ever support, and CVPS at this point send an email it seems once every week or two.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
They removed the BBB accredited logo from their site recently after a customer opened up a BBB complaint about it on January 2nd

Really?  I just loaded the page fresh earlier and the BBB logo was there.  No caching here.   Just went and loaded it and it's gone.  Someone has either

Poked at the site:

Last-Modified: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 05:34:14 GMT

So something odd going on ;)  CVPS site is behind CNServers so not Cloudflare flaring.

The proper procedure to unsubscribe:

1. file a complaint with the NY State Attorney General's Internet Bureau

2. forward a .pdf copy of the AG complaint to both abuse @ cc and biloh

3. notify them via a forum post that you sent the documents to CC abuse department (see the last section of this post for how to correctly word your forum post )

4. wait a few minutes and you will receive an email from Mr. Biloh saying he has forwarded the complaint to his customer and 5 minutes later you will receive an email from his customer Mr. Fabozzi saying he has removed you from the mailing list

5. (BONUS) if the email address was associated with a website, check your server logs and ban both Jon and Chris's home IPs.
Screw balls reply in 5 minutes of each other :) bahaha. Multiple personality disorder I think.  

Those emails being sent out for CVPS are Biloh's writing.

You should post this Bop, over on LET so folks there can file the AG complaints...  AG's aren't anything to mess around with and having your company in front of blowing up their work queue, whee.   Enjoy that, really.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Email and RedFlagForum.

Those two have to be their top places to market. Banned from WHT, not banned here (though welcome, actually, but I'd say most here are smart enough to buy from them). Not seen as reputable or trustworthy even in their LET home. Banned from SlickDeals as well. So email and RedFlagDeals it is.

I subscribe to their offers as well as those from other companies that I have no intention to ever support, and CVPS at this point send an email it seems once every week or two.
I can't stop their emails, but RedFlagForum here I come!

This very troubling for Chris and even John. First off the sales message is not a transactional email so it is considered spam (It has to be clearly marked ie Advertisement or Sale in the subject.).  So you can not hide under that rock. Second opt out link is not in compliance with the Can Spam ACT. By law if you have a opt out link you are to have it show a confirmation that the email address is being processed for removal. Direct email to the sender for removal is allowed but they must send a confirmation that email is being removed from the list. All removals have 10 days to be in compliance. The company also has to include a valid mailing address in the message. So they are breaking the law. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh look, someone is working on a new website:

http://nwnx.net

To all the poor prior ChicagoVPS ~ related - workers I present:

Here at New Wave Netconnect, we believe we have one of the most talented teams in the industry. Most of us have been working together since the beginning and understand what it takes to get the job done right the first time. It doesn't take our clients long to notice this, especially when they witness firsthand how efficiently our divisions operate. The best part about our staff, is that we are always there.
Sounds right, it does....  The staff always being there...  Sweat shop / tech plantation.

Crazy stuff being said on that site in the copy.

And... since when did CVPS operate any POP, let alone one in Istanbul, Turkey?

Chris reply on LET  to the matter

I was out of town for the weekend, so let me clarify this.

I had another employee send the email, and he was not aware of the correct settings to choose in WHMCS when sending the email to make sure that people that were unsubscribed did not receive the emails.

This will not happen again, and sorry for any confusion or disturbance anyone encountered.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/40680/chicagovps-spammers#latest

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Guys, cant we be human here? Ive never done anything to recieve your direct attention @drmike, hell I even opened up the doors and tried to have a conversation with you, but you threw the line "Im too busy" at me. I would still like to have that conversation and have been paitently waiting for the response. Though, I dont expect one knowing you.

The reason ChicagoVPS is an F on BBB is because I stopped paying them to be "accredited", its a big ponzi scheme.

Since you guys like to use this site, read a little more. Im sure you are already aware, but Ill post it here anyway:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Business-Bureau-BBB-CBBB/Arlington-Select-StateProvince/Better-Business-Bureau-or-Buyer-Better-Beware-BBB-Nationwide-Alert-THE-FOX-GUARDIN-1343

As for the email that went out this weekend, I was away for the weekend with family, and wrote the email and instructed an employee to send it out for me since I wouldnt be on the computer much. He fogot to check off certain things so unsubscribed people did not get the email.

It was an honest mistake, and we do appologize.

Are you going to fix the future message so that at least it is compliance with the Can Spam Act?  I listed all the key points to what is wrong with the message in one of the above comments. 

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Are you going to fix the future message so that at least it is compliance with the Can Spam Act?  I listed all the key points to what is wrong with the message in one of the above comments. 
As quoted on LET, we do follow the rules and are compliant. Im not sure why you would say we are not. Its a little mind boggeling.

Because your message is not in compliance that is why! If your going to send such messages you have to know the law. Sorry i already pointed out what is wrong with the message at hand. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
As quoted on LET, we do follow the rules and are compliant. Im not sure why you would say we are not. Its a little mind boggeling.
I think it'd be best to just delete the people from your database all together.

Whenever another slip up happens with a mass email it'll just flare them all up towards you again and it's obvious that the loudest posters over on LE aren't interested in service again anyway.

Fran

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The reason ChicagoVPS is an F on BBB is because I stopped paying them to be "accredited", its a big ponzi scheme.

Since you guys like to use this site, read a little more. Im sure you are already aware, but Ill post it here anyway:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Business-Bureau-BBB-CBBB/Arlington-Select-StateProvince/Better-Business-Bureau-or-Buyer-Better-Beware-BBB-Nationwide-Alert-THE-FOX-GUARDIN-1343
We agree on something, although I wouldn't call them a ponzi scheme.  It's more of a pay to play "you pay us and all you need to do to maintain an A rating is respond to complaints, you don't even need to resolve them satisfactorily".  I think they should lose their nonprofit status and be classified as a for profit business.

Because your message is not in compliance that is why! If your going to send such messages you have to know the law. Sorry i already pointed out what is wrong with the message at hand.
^^this: you need a WORKING unsubscribe function (and to honor unsubscribe requests within 10 business days), and promotional emails need to include the physical address of the mailer (can even be a PO box if you want) in the email.  numbers 4,5,6 in this list: http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

clarity

Where do you go in the WHMCS portal to unsubscribe? I can't seem to find it. I clicked on every link that I could find.

The email footer is not very descriptive.

Code:
Unsubscribe: To stop receiving these messages please visit your customer control panel at https://billing.chicagovps.net/clientarea.php and uncheck the box to receive promotional emails. You can also email [email protected] with the subject "REMOVE ME" and we will process your request immediately.

amuck-landowner