amuck-landowner

Stallion 2 - pictures and daily updates :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Would be awesome to have complete control (reinstall, change root password, etc...) of the VMs and maybe a central API so you don't require a separate key and hash for each VM. *hint* resellers.
That wouldn't be very hard to integrate. I'd just have to adjust the API table and store a type field.
Add it to the bug report ;)

Francisco

netnub

Francisco, once Strallion 2 is done, you should throw Strallion 1 on github, but make it private repo and only select a few people to have access, kinda like a VIP thing.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Francisco, once Strallion 2 is done, you should throw Strallion 1 on github, but make it private repo and only select a few people to have access, kinda like a VIP thing.
We were debating simply dumping the source for anyone that wanted it - but honestly, that would only cause more basement dwellers to decide starting a VPS company over summer break would be a good idea -_-;

Zen

I've heard people request that S1 be released, given out to select people, bla bla. Why not simply make it an open source project and allow people to add on to it - or do that for S2. I know S2 is in BuyVM's mind probably secret sauce but its a decent idea nevertheless.

S1 or S2 open source would be truly awesome, because I have no doubt people would contribute.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
S1 or S2 open source would be truly awesome, because I have no doubt people would contribute.
While very true, it would be rather counter-productive, as the primary reason we're doing the panel is to break free of the "low end" mold.  :p  We'd briefly discussed releasing a public version of S2 (without the new features we're adding).. but that would honestly just be too much extra work, and would really only result in other panels getting upset at losing money and possibly making rash decisions, or a very large influx of summer hosts who would have one less thing to pay for before they could start reselling from rented gear. 

shovenose

Verified Provider
Don't make Stallion 2 publically available - you'll lose the edge and possible have security issues down the road. Now, a modified open-source version of Stallion 1 would be cool :)

Zen

Don't make Stallion 2 publically available - you'll lose the edge and possible have security issues down the road. Now, a modified open-source version of Stallion 1 would be cool :)
Security through obscurity much?

They could perhaps license out S1 just like SolusVM.

amuck-landowner