amuck-landowner

Storage KVM/XEN

casdereuver

Hello,

i am searching for a KVM or Xen VPS with at least 512MB Ram, 80GB Disk space and 2TB Bandwidth. My budget is $45/yr.

Is this possible, and if so where can i get one?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Hello,

i am searching for a KVM or Xen VPS with at least 512MB Ram, 80GB Disk space and 2TB Bandwidth. My budget is $45/yr.

Problem you have is that most decent companies would charge that per quarter at least, not per year.

casdereuver

Problem you have is that most decent companies would charge that per quarter at least, not per year.
Crissic had a discount for $30/yr with 1GB Ram, but they don't do that anymore. Hostards, a host that is offline now also had it for this price. There is a host doing it for $48/yr.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I'm sure Crissic stopped doing that because it was a silly deal. Also, Host-Tards.. If they're offline.. there's a reason for it.

If you say there is a host doing it for $48/year then why don't you go with them? :)

casdereuver

I'm sure Crissic stopped doing that because it was a silly deal. Also, Host-Tards.. If they're offline.. there's a reason for it.

If you say there is a host doing it for $48/year then why don't you go with them? :)
Because it is above my budget ;)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
so... an extra $3/year... $0.25/month is above your already tiny and slightly unrealistic budget?

Yeah, good luck with that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
For that fellow with little and dreams of something big there is OpenVZ... lots of offers in your budget.  Even little old me fesses up to using some.

Hannan

Verified Provider
Your budget is good for quarterly... I'm afraid if you can find a decent host with that budget

SkylarM

Verified Provider

We actually stopped offering KVM all together because we couldn't keep up with both our OpenVZ and KVM demands while also upgrading hardware. We'll be rolling out a similar deal in the next few months on our 12 drive servers ;)

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Whats the issue with keeping up with demands. I would rather have to apologize to a bunch of people and hope they stick around for 4 hours while I provision another server.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Whats the issue with keeping up with demands. I would rather have to apologize to a bunch of people and hope they stick around for 4 hours while I provision another server.
We buy our gear outright, we don't rent it. So when our nodes cost ~$3000 in one go, it becomes nearly impossible to run two lines at once with how fast we have been buying nodes for OpenVZ (we average 1 every week at the moment). Have some financing changes in the works that would allow us to 1) Expand to KVM and 2) Add a second location, but we aren't rushing into anything :)

Our initial KVM offering was on C1100's with SW raid cards. I wasn't happy with performance, so I disabled orders on those with the intent of re-opening it at a later date with the newer hardware we are using for our OVZ nodes (12 disks, HW raid, potential for SSD caching, so forth). If I'm not happy with performance, clients most certainly will not be.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
That makes sense, no point in rushing and having empty space with a expense to tug around

adilimran

You should increase your budget so that you can find good VPS..
In this budget may be you can find some VPS but their performance is not good enough and not a good maintenance facility are provided. Also may be some issue related to security.. So its better you can higher your budget and get some good performance VPS with some security..

adilimran

Hello,

You should increase your budget so that you can find good VPS..

In this budget may be you can find some VPS but their performance is not good enough and not a good maintenance facility are provided. Also may be some issue related to security.. So its better you can higher your budget and get some good performance VPS with some security..

amuck-landowner