amuck-landowner

Suggest a free web hosting control panel

Chronic

I'm looking for a decent web hosting control panel, does anyone know one?

I'm hosting a few websites for some of my friends so paid panels are out of the question. It'd be amazing if it had a file manager with unzip capabilities, but it's not a must. So far I've been using i-MSCP, but it seems a bit limited as far as administration is concerned.

I would try ZPanel, but with all the security vulnerabilities, I don't think I can trust it - despite the fact that nobody but my friends will likely ever know that I'm using it.

I've also tried Kloxo-MR and it seems pretty feature packed, but the whole thing seems like it's going to fall apart any second. The interface is clumsy and somewhat unappealing.

Hopefully someone can suggest a better alternative. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Ispconfig3

The only panel i've installed to a customer (except the paid ones).

Chronic

ISP-Config3.

Ispconfig3

The only panel i've installed to a customer (except the paid ones).
Already tried ISPConfig and while it's pretty good, I missed a file manager. If nothing else, that's probably what I'll end up using.

Virtualmin+webmin. I don't think any other free control panel comes close :D You may try Webuzo too ...
Never tried these before, mainly because I found the demos to be somewhat spartan. Nonetheless, I'll dive in and see how it goes. Thanks.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Kloxo isn't half bad really. It was always my go-to panel if I needed something free and fast.

shunny

Have to agree ISPConfig3 is rather good. It has the ability for a distributed system as well plus one for this. 

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
In my little bubble webmin is not a hosting control panel, "only" a control panel.

It needs virtualmin, which I find cluttered and hard to find where to do things.

rsk

Verified Provider
Well to be honest, there are some hosts here that offer directadmin bundled with their plans. You should consider it, our shared hosting platform is completely run of a directadmin cluster. Easy on resources and feature packed.

amuck-landowner