amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
How do you guys not change your avatars often?
avatars are not that visible in the mobile view (meaning that I dont "see" them) so I tend to forget that they are there

Last edited by a moderator:

k0nsl

Bad Goy
...even nerds needs their [kasein] protein  :blush:

k0nsl-protein02.jpg

Santa Claus apparently likes me  :lol:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Before/after the use of an IR illuminator to hit the yard with more infrared light for the night vision camera since the onboard IR apparently is not working or is working very poorly in such a open space. Still haven't mounted it, this was just shining through the window of my house into the backyard but well impressed with the results! The IR illimunator was only $12 and may order one more since this one seems to work quite well!

EByznEZ.jpg

EDIT: Junk piled up in the backyard as it had to be moved out of the way from where a neighbour was cutting down a tree.

Last edited by a moderator:

k0nsl

Bad Goy
...lost three "high-end" systems a few days back due to thunder, but, seems after intensive testing, that only the motherboards were fried. I still have not tested all the HDDs and GPUs. The PSUs survived and the CPUs (still have not tested the last one). What a great timing, huh?  :(

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
3-step VPS provider pro tip for preparing your first #winning low end offer:

step #1: edit  /etc/fstab and add 'tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0' and reboot

step #2: test your results

root@noraid-server ~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.13857 s, 117 MB/s
root@noraid-server ~ # cd /tmp
root@noraid-server /tmp # dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.852948 s, 1.3 GB/s

root@RAID0-server ~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.99338 s, 539 MB/s
root@RAID0-server ~ # cd /tmp
root@RAID0-server # dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.179301 s, 6.0 GB/s

step #3: always use the dd test result from /tmp in your offer and sit back and enjoy #payday and #high-ranking-in-top-provider-poll

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
...lost three "high-end" systems a few days back due to thunder, but, seems after intensive testing, that only the motherboards were fried. I still have not tested all the HDDs and GPUs. The PSUs survived and the CPUs (still have not tested the last one). What a great timing, huh?  :(
Do you have them on a surge protector?

amuck-landowner