amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Spring has finally sprung! I love my home town in the Spring time!

wGCGeZZ.jpg

6OV5DLx.jpg

That first picture is sort of shitty, took it today while running errands and driving. The other one I took during a stroll around downtown over the weekend.

So glad the overcast skies of winter and cold temperatures and snow are finally gone!

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Pretty funny. Got a VPS invoice from DukeXFSGreenValueSolutions.

I went to go cancel & tell them get... any of the 6 VPS's of mine working / connected to the nodes, as they can't even connect to the node, but now they have a TacVPS logo.

http://secure.greenvaluehost.com/

https://archive.today/OjrmT

Doubt it's a April Fools Joke, but a ripped URL / theme, etc. 
The name is XFuse Solutions. Not Green Value Shit or anything else. Ripped URL/Theme? Huh? There are announcements for a reason. What accounts are yours? Not sure of an issue unless someone brings it to my attention. Remember, I'm fixing a shit storm that has gone on for quite some time. Pm me your email address or a hostname of one of your VPS accounts and I'll fix what needs fixing and do credits or whatever needs to be done. 

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
God D*mnit. Seriously? On a Friday afternoon?  Not just any Friday, the same Friday I have family flying in.  And the same machine where most of my local clients reside.  Well, the upside of it is the "in case shit" migrations are finally done, nobody was pissed, and I have an actual assistant to monitor the array rebuild, instead of, say, my sister for example...   B)

Code:
//vzn-divinity> /c4 show

Unit  UnitType  Status         %RCmpl  %V/I/M  Stripe  Size(GB)  Cache  AVrfy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
u0    RAID-10   DEGRADED       -       -       256K    7450.56   Ri     ON

VPort Status         Unit Size      Type  Phy Encl-Slot    Model
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p0    OK             u0   3.63 TB   SATA  0   -            WDC WD4000FYYZ-01UL
p1    OK             u0   3.63 TB   SATA  1   -            WDC WD4000FYYZ-01UL
p2    DEGRADED       u0   3.63 TB   SATA  2   -            WDC WD4000FYYZ-01UL
p3    OK             u0   3.63 TB   SATA  3   -            WDC WD4000FYYZ-01UL

Name  OnlineState  BBUReady  Status    Volt     Temp     Hours  LastCapTest
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbu   On           Yes       OK        OK       OK       255    09-Jul-2014

//vzn-divinity> /c4/u0 show

Unit     UnitType  Status         %RCmpl  %V/I/M  Port  Stripe  Size(GB)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
u0       RAID-10   DEGRADED       -       -       -     256K    7450.56
u0-0     RAID-1    DEGRADED       -       -       -     -       -
u0-0-0   DISK      OK             -       -       p3    -       1677.28
u0-0-1   DISK      DEGRADED       -       -       p2    -       1677.28
u0-1     RAID-1    OK             -       -       -     -       -
u0-1-0   DISK      OK             -       -       p1    -       1677.28
u0-1-1   DISK      OK             -       -       p0    -       1677.28
u0/v0    Volume    -              -       -       -     -       7450.56

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
My friend.

Welcome to the cancer that is Seagate.

I replaced 128 drives in LV last month, all Seagates, and well over half were fucked in some way. I sent 20 of them to @Aldryic C'boas to take to the range, he owes us pictures of the aftermath :p

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Seagate has shipped garbage a good 5 years now.   I have some other brand drives that have failed, but most are Seagate and sadly most had no real hours and use on them.

I bought Seagate since big box retailers regionally carry them.

Now I just mail order drives instead.  Screw it.  Not like POS location takes broken ones and gives new under warranty.  Zero benefit to local buying with drives.  Plus I can't find drives I actually want.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I haven't had a WD RE fail me in over three years.  Quite surprised to say the least.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Where are all the hoes at?

Garden hoes, that is.

Anyone growing a garden this year? Just picked up a few tomato plants today and am waiting for some seeds to come in the mail for some other goodies as well.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Where are all the hoes at?

Garden hoes, that is.

Anyone growing a garden this year? Just picked up a few tomato plants today and am waiting for some seeds to come in the mail for some other goodies as well.
The hoes are walking the streets... While I work the gardens with a proper hoe.

Count me in for growing this year.  

I planted 10 pounds of tubers yesterday (think potatoes - not but similar).  Inner planted among overgrowth, last years mess, etc.  (I don't clear land for planting or do much with weeds other than chop and drop).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What happened with dailyserverdeals.com? Why was it abandoned?
It'll be relaunched eventually. Just been busy and it wasn't heavily used, in fact, you're the first person to mention it and it's been 'down' for over a month. :)

When re-launched it'll be done so with some additional help and there will be a lot of manually added offers instead of relying on providers to submit their own.

Great site and platform. Will certainly come back soon. :)

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
This really sucks.  How am I supposed to bribe city workers now???

Bribery and Corruption

We’re adding to the Acceptable Use Policy an express prohibition against use of PayPal for payments related to bribery or corruption.  A new Section 3(k) under Prohibited Activities will read as follows:

“You may not use the PayPal service for activities that: … 3. relate to transactions that … (k) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.”
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

I'm a little confused about why they added a bribery clause but didn't add one about using PayPal to pay for contract killings...

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
So I finally got back from my 2 week trip from Europe.

Holy crap it's awesome.  I never realized how awesome Europe was until I actually got there.  So much history, so much good food, so much fun times.  I mean yeah work/business was involved, however the time off I had there was an absolute blast.  

I totally recommend everyone take the opportunity to visit your local shawarma place.  

amuck-landowner