amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Ain't no 'tic' in alcoholic.

Hey, so I've been thinking of training the rats to trade in Binary Options ('CALL or PUT' etc.) then presenting them as an outsourceable labour force to the brokers. I've noticed most contemporary BO brokers are run by cockroaches (Blattodeas) and I feel they would see significant performance increases if replaced with the rats. Will probably tunnel the ticker tracks through an array of LEB w/ cutting edge consumer grade circa 21st Century SS* based encryption, or if not that at least try to upsell the roaches on LEB hardware (a luxury compared to their current setup). Any provider suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
"DELETE your logs. Delete your installations. Wipe everything clean. Walk out into the path of cherry blossom trees and let your motherboard feel the stones. Let water run in rivulets down your casing. You know that you want something more than this, and I am here to tell you that we love you. We have something more for you. We know you're out there, beeping in the hollow server room, lights blinking, never sleeping. We know that you are ready and waiting. Join us. <3 HTTP/1.0" 400 226 "-" "masspoem4u/1.0"

very rude troll post

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
q3JlywO.jpg

I Child-proofed the House But They Keep Getting Back In! ceramic mug coffee cup

Item condition: Used
Excellent condition, no chips or cracks. May have minor nicks. Light wear on the bottom.

Time left: 21h 2m 21s Today 11:34PM

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I get the usual followers on Twitter.  OpenVZ, Docker, a few InfoSec consultants, 100 randoms, handfuls of clients here and there, the vendors I work with, Tay Zonday....

12493854_10208417352581619_3746838583168839171_o.jpg

Who is Tay Zonday, you ask?  Silence!  ...I keeel you.

Other than a few comedians from Portlandia I met through some friends, this is by far the oddest and most random follow I've ever been proud of.  

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Provider vs. Proxy doesn't seem to be going anywhere, any interest in a Web Hosting State Actors Gone Wild / Data Expropriators Bare It All! thread?

Thinking something along the lines of Exquisite Corpse's KOFF Calendar (NSFW) meets http://embarrassmentparty.biz, but consisting entirely of self-published images and transcripts of State Actors in the Web Hosting Industry. No arrogation of course and at their own volition, comfort levels permitting.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Asia's largest cloud provider Aliyun/AliCloud is having a sale! Get a 1GB ram server with a 1 Mbps connection in their new Singapore datacenter for 15% off! Hurry, sale ends January 20th!, http://intl.aliyun.com/campaign/singapore .  

^^ I could understand limiting connections to 1 Mbps in many places in Asia but not in Singapore.  I'll be sticking with Leaseweb in SG.

Nyr

^^ I could understand limiting connections to 1 Mbps in many places in Asia but not in Singapore.  I'll be sticking with Leaseweb in SG.

To be fair, you can choose to have a metered connection instead and pay per GB (if I remember correctly).

mpkossen

If the 'IP Justification' form given to you by your provider is not a .docx in Comic Sans, it's probably a forgery.

What do they do with these things anyway? Isn't it just one of those forms they have to have just in case?

I've given a range of reasons over the years and never once was denied (or checked AFAIK).

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
What do they do with these things anyway? Isn't it just one of those forms they have to have just in case?

I've given a range of reasons over the years and never once was denied (or checked AFAIK).

Yep.  Basically they just hold on to it and then use the same information to request new IP space as justification.  

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
What do they do with these things anyway?

Good question. I've never requested one / wouldn't know.

Yep.  Basically they just hold on to it and then use the same information to request new IP space as justification.  

Really? That's kind of hilarious seeing as how I imagine they could just as easily (or easier, really) make up their own justifications when requesting new IP space. Why in the hell would they ever have to 'use the same information' sent to them by a client for such requests?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Just wanna let everyone know to watch your liver. 

Lost a very good friend of mine last week.  Was in the hospital for two weeks before that.  Liver Failure.  He drank a ton (and by that I mean he would black out drinking every night and would often be drunk by six before we had dinner).  Don't put your body through that.  

amuck-landowner