amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
He's just able to do what he does, not by anything he has done on his own accord but through the generosity of those above him. I know he thinks he's some hot shit business executive, but that's most certainly not the case.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 I kind of wonder if asshats like Donald Trump were groomed in their youth by similar business sins - thumbing the customers in the eyes, public blow ups for fun and marketing awareness, etc? 
Donald Trump definitely was taught as a child to thumb his nose at customers.  His father, Fred Trump, made his $400 million fortune (which is why Donald is rich) by being one of the worst slumlords in New York.

Darwin

Hey @ do you know why you and your employer were banned from low end t?

Not trying to stir a pot, just real curious.

GIANT_CRAB

Hey @ do you know why you and your employer were banned from low end t?

Not trying to stir a pot, just real curious.
Yes. It's complicated.

VenexCloud DDoS'd LET because mpkossen didn't treat him nicely (not a lot of people like mpkossen anyways... so..) and then he got banned. His DDoS'd caused weeks of constant instability and downtime because the staffs at ColoCrossing didn't know how to mitigate the NTP attacks. After which, he started a business venture, VenexCloud, and invited me along. I told him that I would only join him if he was to stop DDoS'ing people and he agreed. So I decided to join him and changed my LET and vpsboard username. 

A few days later, he registered on LET and then posted an offer. Someone reported him to mpkossen about him being the guy who DDoS'd LET. So mpkossen banned all users who had "VenexCloud" in their name. I asked mpkossen why he had banned me despite me not helping him with anything illegal at all. mpkossen said he would unban me if I cut off all ties with the owner of VenexCloud and write a public apology. I didn't understand why I should write a public apology if I have done nothing wrong and why I should cut off ties with the owner despite him no longer DDoS'ing LET. Unsatisfied with the answer given by mpkossen, I decided to ignore mpkossen and remained banned. 

TL:DR - I got banned because I was related to the owner who had some past history with mpkossen. 

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Friend sent me this in an email today...

Last Christmas
I rsynced you my heart
And the very next day
rm -rf ~/heart
This year, to save me from tears
sudo chmod -r 000 ~/heart

Last edited by a moderator:

hzr

#hashtagtwerkteam
Kossen only needs to ask his boss what is up with BlueVM.  They have the keys and drove that vehicle head straight into the wall crashing it going full bore all out stupid.

Guess we won't have the entertainment value of YET ANOTHER BLUEVM OFFER any time soon on LEB. Bummer, I was contemplating returning to LE* for a proper reunion and punt festival. 
what happened to bluevm anyway, do they still exist? their site is looks like it's still taking orders

i bought a really cheap buffalo yearly a long time ago and i actually never got to use it because the vm never provisioned/feathur was offline and i didn't give enough of a shit to care after waiting 3 months for a nonexistant support ticket reply and this just made me remember

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
what happened to bluevm anyway, do they still exist? their site is looks like it's still taking orders

i bought a really cheap buffalo yearly a long time ago and i actually never got to use it because the vm never provisioned/feathur was offline and i didn't give enough of a shit to care after waiting 3 months for a nonexistant support ticket reply and this just made me remember
BlueVM moved in with Fab and Buylow.  They deny.

BlueVM gives similar lacking service and customer support as CVPS.  They deny.

Lately, BlueVM dropped their EUR location or something went loco and server offline for customers - for days to weeks at this point.

At last check, BlueVM pulled all their for sale available inventory, except for Black Friday $69 annuals.

Like I always say, in time, the truth comes out, especially with that group of guys.  Sad as always that they just don't run stuff right and care about customers. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Friend sent me this in an email today...

Last Christmas

I rsynced you my heart

And the very next day

rm -rf ~/heart

This year, to save me from tears

sudo chmod -r 000 ~/heart
PERMISSION DENIED

I cry evertim

Yes. It's complicated.

VenexCloud DDoS'd LET because mpkossen didn't treat him nicely (not a lot of people like mpkossen anyways... so..) and then he got banned. His DDoS'd caused weeks of constant instability and downtime because the staffs at ColoCrossing didn't know how to mitigate the NTP attacks. After which, he started a business venture, VenexCloud, and invited me along. I told him that I would only join him if he was to stop DDoS'ing people and he agreed. So I decided to join him and changed my LET and vpsboard username. 

A few days later, he registered on LET and then posted an offer. Someone reported him to mpkossen about him being the guy who DDoS'd LET. So mpkossen banned all users who had "VenexCloud" in their name. I asked mpkossen why he had banned me despite me not helping him with anything illegal at all. mpkossen said he would unban me if I cut off all ties with the owner of VenexCloud and write a public apology. I didn't understand why I should write a public apology if I have done nothing wrong and why I should cut off ties with the owner despite him no longer DDoS'ing LET. Unsatisfied with the answer given by mpkossen, I decided to ignore mpkossen and remained banned. 

TL:DR - I got banned because I was related to the owner who had some past history with mpkossen. 
Wow that sucks.  But of course I don't blame them since DDoSing is such a dick thing to do.  We also know how it'll all end up anyways.  Just like that skid from Canada.  

ModyDev

Yes. It's complicated.

Yes, this is the truth and thank you for being a loyal skilled partner.

Wow that sucks.  But of course I don't blame them since DDoSing is such a dick thing to do.  We also know how it'll all end up anyways.  Just like that skid from Canada.  
Yea DDoSing is such a dick thing to do But also the dictatorial regime is such a dick thing to do. :)

ModyDev

The wrongs of one do not excuse or justify those of your own.
I do not justify these actions , I regret that I did it as i have been always against DDoS and trying to forget about it but there is no other way to proof the failure of a system without attacking it.

trewq

Verified Provider
I do not justify these actions , I regret that I did it as i have been always against DDoS and trying to forget about it but there is no other way to proof the failure of a system without attacking it.
Please go outside, it will help you think more clearly.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I got an espresso maker for Christmas and I don't think I've ever even have had an espresso before... ever.

Worth unboxing and trying it out or should I keep it in the box and return it? I'm happy that it was gifted to me, as my family knows I like coffee (I got some sweet mugs too) but I already have a coffee pot that I use to brew my brew and the only other maker I'd be interested in is a french press...

So... espressos... yay or nay?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I got an espresso maker for Christmas and I don't think I've ever even have had an espresso before... ever.

Worth unboxing and trying it out or should I keep it in the box and return it? I'm happy that it was gifted to me, as my family knows I like coffee (I got some sweet mugs too) but I already have a coffee pot that I use to brew my brew and the only other maker I'd be interested in is a french press...

So... espressos... yay or nay?
Yay.

Totally worth it.  Also worth going into coffee drinking.  

I enjoy coffee as you can tell.  

hzr

#hashtagtwerkteam
what kind of pie are you i really like savoury pies but they are impossible to find in the states for any reasonable price and i don't like the weird syrupy filling fruit pies

Darwin

Espressos are a different beast. If that maker isn't a low end one and has enough pressure keep it.

I'm a bit biased because I love espresso and moka(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot).

I do like the "common" brewing method and French press too, but nothing beats a good espresso(or the drinks you can make with a espresso maker like ristretto or cappuccino)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Espressos are a different beast. If that maker isn't a low end one and has enough pressure keep it.

I'm a bit biased because I love espresso and moka(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot).

I do like the "common" brewing method and French press too, but nothing beats a good espresso(or the drinks you can make with a espresso maker like ristretto or cappuccino)
Pretty sure this is the one: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-ECM160-Espresso-Machine/dp/B000U6BSI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419662248&sr=8-1

Trouble is I have very very very limited counter space. I barely have enough room for my coffee pot where it is now. I need more counter space. :p If I had more space, my god! I'd have griddle, a juicer or blender... a toaster, even! Need to see if the landlord will let me build cabinets on one wall that is empty that could use them...

I may make room for it on the stove or something this weekend and brew something up. Though for now, I have just made 8 cups of 'regular' coffee... which I will enjoy out of my new stoneware coffee mug, courtesy of my sis. :D

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Had to enter my 'basement' today to check out why my furnace isn't working properly. House was built in the 1870's and the basement is... well.. what was common in the 1870's. (Minus the fact it now houses a water heater and furnace).

5K6ATEj.jpg

After you enter my basement, you're greeted by this door.

Inside the door:

CArRTNY.jpg

Furnace on the right.

ivce6Uc.jpg

Black wire shorted out and disconnected somehow. Furnace still kicks on but no heat. =/

Got a couple portable heaters trying to make it comfortable inside now.

amuck-landowner