amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Mexican Coke (the drinkable kind -- no, really) still uses real sugar I think.  I got some Pepsi Throwback a couple years ago just so I could regress into my childhood... well, I'd hoped.  Tasted nothing the fuck like 1985.  Felt screwed.  Do they make a Coca Cola with real sugar?  The Mountain Dew with sugar...god no wonder we all do what we do, look what they were pumpin' into us as kids... 
When did they change the formula to not use coca leaves? Or do they still?

I thought the 'original coke' contained an ingrediant they were no longer allowed to use, or no longer allowed to use in the same manner they previously did?

Unsure.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
When did they change the formula to not use coca leaves? Or do they still?

I thought the 'original coke' contained an ingrediant they were no longer allowed to use, or no longer allowed to use in the same manner they previously did?

Unsure.
Marketing trick, and nothing more.  I've seen the original recipies, and none of the urban legends are anywhere close to true.  Though a number of them were exceptionally clever PR tactics, originating from the original CCC itself.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Aldy the coke insider! The only person I can trust when it comes to coke related debate.

Marketing trick, and nothing more. I've seen the original recipies, and none of the urban legends are anywhere close to true. Though a number of them were exceptionally clever PR tactics, originating from the original CCC itself.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I never got to try "New Coke". Likely would have thought it sucked like the rest of the planet, but we were a Pepsi house then. 

The family that lived behind us was Mormon.  Apparently they've got something in their faith that prohibits caffeine, but when one of them had the flu or a stomach bug, they were over for two-liters like it was crack.  So I guess it's OK if you're sick...?  *shrug* 

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
May was an interesting month for me!

Other then landing a contract for Security camera systems with a corporation with multiple locations. 

I got ordained online and officiated a wedding:

fR1IAUV.jpg

Flew a plane

eoBnCQR.jpg

Went to a bachelorless bachelor party (Story behind that) @ a Chicago Fire game

4dTKTNw.jpg

I am also still looking for a full time job!

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
"The Server Farm" Hydroponics system. :p 

http://thinkleek.com/products/the-server-farm-hydroponics-system

pc-grow-box-angle-open_515b82f4-39c5-436a-b5ce-112f3c14e9ac_1024x1024.jpg

• Light reflection panels for maximum light exposure
  • Cooling and vent systems (100 CFM+; Co2 Compatible; Quiet Air Exchange)
  • 2 Plant Hydroponics System
  • Can grow all plant types
  • (3) 6500 CFL Grow & (3) Flowering Full Spectrum Grow Lights (Equivilant to 180w)
  • 3 outlet adapters
  • Two net pots
  • Air pump, tubing, airline, stone, bag of red clay rocks, and more
  • 6 quart reservoir
  • Power strip
  • 2 Organic starter plugs and pre-installed germinating helpers
  • 2 80mm fans/filter assembly
  • Heavy Duty Timer
  • Lock and Key System
  • 2 Year Supply Of Nutrient (Moon Dust)
  • Ona block odor terminator (works with the worst odors for TOTAL elimination; tried and tested)
  • Instructions Included
  • Life Time Tech Support

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
"The Server Farm" Hydroponics system. :p 

http://thinkleek.com/products/the-server-farm-hydroponics-system

pc-grow-box-angle-open_515b82f4-39c5-436a-b5ce-112f3c14e9ac_1024x1024.jpg

• Light reflection panels for maximum light exposure
  • Cooling and vent systems (100 CFM+; Co2 Compatible; Quiet Air Exchange)
  • 2 Plant Hydroponics System
  • Can grow all plant types
  • (3) 6500 CFL Grow & (3) Flowering Full Spectrum Grow Lights (Equivilant to 180w)
  • 3 outlet adapters
  • Two net pots
  • Air pump, tubing, airline, stone, bag of red clay rocks, and more
  • 6 quart reservoir
  • Power strip
  • 2 Organic starter plugs and pre-installed germinating helpers
  • 2 80mm fans/filter assembly
  • Heavy Duty Timer
  • Lock and Key System
  • 2 Year Supply Of Nutrient (Moon Dust)
  • Ona block odor terminator (works with the worst odors for TOTAL elimination; tried and tested)
  • Instructions Included
  • Life Time Tech Support
Yeah, that's 100% totally for growing pot...

You don't need a carbon filter to remove the scent of your plants and to disguise your legal indoor tomato and pepper grows inside hollowed out tower speakers and old computer cases....

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I love quiet Saturdays like this... nothing to worry about but what kind of meat to put in the slow cooker, what kind of beer to drink while doing it, and if I should take a nap before or after I mow the lawn...

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Not good for pot though, not high enough.
Pretty sure there are specific seed-to-flowering strains that stay short as well methods of growing that include training the plant either via tieing it down. You can do the same with tomatoes and other things as well. If that case ain't for pot, I don't know what it's for then. can just grow tomatoes, flowers, whatever else out in the open haha.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Before my time, but I stumbled into this earlier today and lol.

One host has a node that goes bust for an hour or so, the low end roaches scatter to another provider so they can run ServerBear all day, ruining performance, and almost being like a cancer to those providers.

I actually know of a few nameless providers who absolutely hate the low end market, the clients and the politics but have to keep an affordable way for customers in that price range to come in, become established customers and maybe move up to more expensive or premium services such as Xen or KVM rather than all the OpenVZ hosts that open up, left and right it seems.

So to all you man-children screaming for transparency, you’re not going to get it.

Some of you will receive bans, like I did, and others will just get so frustrated that they will flee, starting up new online communities.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
EoR Robbie stuff... yeah there are bids / bills / contracts out there - well were...

TL;DR was something like CC never delivered things (servers and upgrades) and it went on and on...  At some point Robbie tired of the bait and switch and delays and pulled out of CC hard.

CC threatened to sue, kept on with that, and nothing ever happened.

So you dump CC and they act like scorn girlfriend and torch your LE* stuff - so it was established in that matter.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Wasn't EOR issue with CC was a big blowup that lead to everyone figuring out LEN is actually owned by cc?

EoR Robbie stuff... yeah there are bids / bills / contracts out there - well were...

TL;DR was something like CC never delivered things (servers and upgrades) and it went on and on... At some point Robbie tired of the bait and switch and delays and pulled out of CC hard.

CC threatened to sue, kept on with that, and nothing ever happened.

So you dump CC and they act like scorn girlfriend and torch your LE* stuff - so it was established in that matter.

amuck-landowner