amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
The chips were good! I'm not actually a chip eater usually and just bought them out of curiosity. I won't buy them again but if I ate chips more often I probably would.

clarity

I have had those chips, and I liked them a lot. They taste just like biscuits and gravy. It makes me wonder what all is on them to get this taste to happen, but they were enjoyable for the few that I had.

IntroVex-Kamran

Verified Provider
If I'm honest, that flavour doesn't seem the most appetizing.... is that just because I'm British?

I could be wrong though - biscuits are good and gravy is good, so a combination may well be as good as you say. But I'll pass.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
If I'm honest, that flavour doesn't seem the most appetizing.... is that just because I'm British?

I could be wrong though - biscuits are good and gravy is good, so a combination may well be as good as you say. But I'll pass.

American biscuits aren't the same as your biscuits, that may be why.

biscuits-whitelily.jpg

They're not sweet or anything. It's just more or less fluffy/flakey baked bread. And the gravy that is used is usually a milk based sausage gravy that is thickish. :)

30499_buttermilk_biscuits_sausage_gravy_3000.jpg

Oh my god that looks so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

IntroVex-Kamran

Verified Provider

-snip-

They're not sweet or anything. It's just more or less fluffy/flakey baked bread. And the gravy that is used is usually a milk based sausage gravy that is thickish. :)

-snip-

The first picture made me really hungry but the second kinda looks like puke, not going to lie.

Anyway, I assume "American gravy" is the stuff that they do at KFC? If so, that stuff is amazing. Time to stop talking about food at almost 2 AM lol

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

-snip-

-snip-

The first picture made me really hungry but the second kinda looks like puke, not going to lie.

Anyway, I assume "American gravy" is the stuff that they do at KFC? If so, that stuff is amazing. Time to stop talking about food at almost 2 AM lol
I think what KFC uses as gravy is 'brown gravy', which is most commonly added to things like mashed potatoes. I'm not a huge brown gravy fan but do like it when it's home made (but haven't had homemade brown gravy in probably ten years... my grandma made some great gravy).

The gravy used on biscuits is milk based gravy. and often has some meat or chunks of meat added to it... usually ground breakfast sausage or bits of fried meat like chicken. I've also had really (really) good milk gravy with rabbit in it. Otherwise I think it's meatless but used on meat. Milk gravy is also really good on things like country fried steak (pictured below).

WU0101H_Chicken-Fried-Steak_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpg

Damn, now I am getting hungry!

kcaj

So has Maarten just ruled out the possibility of seeing another CC shill/summer host on LEB for a while?

Screenshot_at_21-35-55.png

Or.. tin foil hat theory..

Maybe Maarten has learnt of CC plans to actually pull their finger out and support IPv6?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So has Maarten just ruled out the possibility of seeing another CC shill/summer host on LEB for a while?

Hidden Content

I guess it comes down to if he only lists locations that have it, or can a provider get listed so long as they have IPV6 somewhere in their setup. If it's the former, then yes, it'll be a fairly big blow to CC since there's many of their locations that are unlikely to get V6 (Atlanta, San Jose, New Jersey the ones i'm thinking of). If it's the latter, then it's likely Buffalo will get V6 as a soon(tm) thing and this is just a quick way to make Buffalo some extra sales ("Well hey, if you have v6 we can post you..."). 

Granted, as Mao said, nothings stopping a host from turning up an HE tunnel to each of their nodes and give V6 that way. It's not hard and if you really care for it, you'll get it done. When we were with CC we kept getting promised V6 - "It's on the way", "Our techs are testing it as we speak", "Hey this weekend man :)"  - was all I heard from Biloh. As we finally came to our roll out deadline, we simply said screw it and got a BGP tunnel from HE.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
CC has promised IPv6 since 2011(?).

Sold customers into colo contracts with such coming soon over and over.

CC did some announce of IPv6 space a while back.   I assume their Buffalo location can handle IPv6.  1+1 I take this choice "Maybe Maarten has learnt of CC plans to actually pull their finger out and support IPv6?"

With prices I saw recently on full racks there (barely covers the power) they need to do something to get interest going.  I can read the ~ $600 rack as aggressive sales tactic or desperation to get the new facility cash neutral ASAP.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Quote of the Day:

Quote said:
is mandrill a good alternative in a scenario like this..? budgetvm peoples are suggesting this to use as they don't have any alternative solution and don't know when this will be resolved.. nightmare

Enzu is a repeat spam offender.  Too many IPs, too much organized spam activity.   Remove the spam the place won't be happy for owners pocketbook.

#6 on Spamhaus Top 10 list now.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

Hidden Content

I'm a big supporter of IPv6 but I think listing only hosts that support IPv6 on LEB is a big mistake because the place it will hit hardest is  the listings from providers in  "exotic locations" where IPv6 adaptation is even lower than it is in the US/Europe.  Not a single one of the "exotic" listings posted on LEB this year offered  IPv6.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
"The upper level low that gave us the clouds and showers yesterday has exited the region."

...what in the hell is an "upper level low"?  Our newscasters here ... especially weatherpeople/meteorologists.... are crazy.
They also love the term "rain in the form of showers."  ....really?  :D 

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
I need to get some of those chips.  My best friend and I, during our late teens/early 20s, when we were "finding ourselves", used to have some of the best, most in-depth conversations in the middle of the night, over All You Can Eat Biscuits & Gravy ... and a "Rasher" of bacon at Jubitz Truck Stop...lmao.  http://jubitz.com/

4150165039_cd021c2d74.jpg

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
MPServ LLC was dissolved in August 2014:

https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingDetail.aspx?CN=158146072172043067013074058074040128044218234015

WHOIS info shows the domains Orbitservers.com and MPServ.net are registered to this non-existent company (violation of ICANN rules) and incorrectly lists the address as Tennessee.  (sites were purchased by a New York company last year who has a long history of not updating the public records of acquisitions so it can commit tax fraud)

@dumbfuckjonbilohfixyourshit

===============

moving right along to a domain registered 10 days ago:

Quote said:
Welcome to MKS Web EnterprisesFounded by aspiring entrepreneur and hosting enthusiast Jonathan Nguyen, MKS Web Enterprises is the parent company of multiple web hosting brands with locations around the globe. We host hundreds of customers and actively have locations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Our customers range from the average blogger to enterprise businesses. Our hosting brands, coordinated by MKS Web Enterprises' team of global and regional coordinators, and managed in part by our team of brand managers, are driving forces in the hosting industry that push for its affordability, performance, and innovation. 

We are actively seeking new people to join our team. We are able to pay salaries and/or commission and are flexible on working hours.
If interested, please contact xxxx@xxxx!
his retirement didn't last long...

AuroraZero

orig_38956.jpg

Changed jobs at work and became a forklift driver. Just got my license yesterday.

Anyone else licensed to drive a forklift?

*slowly raises his hand*

Have been since the late 90's when I graduated high school. Wish some one would hire me to do that kind of job again. Ah well the time sure goes by when you aren't looking.

amuck-landowner