amuck-landowner

The truth about Mao and BuyVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitz

I have absolutely NO doubt that you are a nice and helpful guy, Fran. But take a look at your tone. As if Maounique would be the only "pain in the ass" in this constellation. Aldryic can be painful for bystanders from time to time as well. I see absolutely no reason to be so dickish and unfriendly to Salvatore. I really liked you from past postings, Fran, but your last 2 ones make you look childish. I take back the Fapozzi analogy. though. That was too hard and insulting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
@Amitz - Fran's tone is very understandable.  One of Sal's workers dragged Prometeus into whatever issues he has, and now the both of them are very intentionally misquoting something Fran said (knowing very well Francisco would never try to exploit someone). 

If we wanted to dick around with wording, I could pretty easily dig up some old Mao quotes about anti-fraud, and his use of fake IDs and such.  How safe would you feel as a Prometeus client, knowing that such a person had access to your personal data?

But we won't go that route.  The hope was that Sal would realize the bad press his lackey is trying to drag them into, and talk some sense into the kid.  But now he wants to put on gloves, too?  That's just trying to cause more trouble instead of putting a stop to things.

prometeus

Verified Provider
How so? Mao's been at us and or Aldryic for 1 1/2 years and we haven't even taken part in LE in a year now.

Prometeus gets flack and suddenly they come out of the shed like it's a sly.

I do right by many many people and spend countless hours supporting many brands. I get paid exactly $0 for my time

or skills. I have every right to get pissed off when they start biting the hand that damn well near literally feeds them.

Because I don't have either of you on skype. The only times we talked were on WHT some, never on LE.

Francisco
You're evading it. I wrote to you for a reason, I appreciate your work and I'm sure most people do, but I was talking about some concerns (that you can find funny) related to some hacking of (again) MY solusvm. 

You didn't replay, all you're saying is how great you are at helping for free. Ok you are great. But still to shut up M you threatened him to punish me and I didn't appreciate it.  

Screenshot and post Fran's threat if it exists. If no one posts any proof to back up their accusations (proof of Mao using multiple identities) then it is better if everyone just stays quiet because this conversation is going nowhere.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You're evading it. I wrote to you for a reason, I appreciate your work and I'm sure most people do, but I was talking about some concerns (that you can find funny) related to some hacking of (again) MY solusvm. 

You didn't replay, all you're saying is how great you are at helping for free. Ok you are great. But still to shut up M you threatened him to punish me and I didn't appreciate it.
 Fran has no need to "shut up M".  Truthfully, neither do I - your boy does a fantastic job of making himself look like an ass without any assistance.  Even Fabozzi puts up more of a challenge than this kid; and if you want to see why Prometeus has been drug into this, check the first few posts where he drops your name himself.  You're the one deciding to suddenly back Mao and his lies, and try to justify his behaviour.  Sure, "you won't change him" - but you allow him to represent your company like this?

Screenshot and post Fran's threat if it exists. If no one posts any proof to back up their accusations (proof of Mao using multiple identities) then it is better if everyone just stays quiet because this conversation is going nowhere.
 The 'threat' is a trolling comment Fran made in passing during a PM to Mao when the latter wouldn't stop running his mouth.  Only someone that's never actually spoken with Fran, or isn't trying to twist words in a libel campaign, would see it as an actual threat.

Besides, I've already told Mao to post the PM.  He refuses to.

prometeus

Verified Provider
If we wanted to dick around with wording, I could pretty easily dig up some old Mao quotes about anti-fraud, and his use of fake IDs and such.  How safe would you feel as a Prometeus client, knowing that such a person had access to your personal data?

But we won't go that route.  
Well, since you wrote it (and you're good at it) you just did it :)

I'll put my life in the hand of M everyday, He run most of the show since my mother died last year. So I suppose he's doing a great job.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Well, since you wrote it (and you're good at it) you just did it :)

I'll put my life in the hand of M everyday, He run most of the show since my mother died last year. So I suppose he's doing a great job.
So you fully endorse his campaign of libel and lies against another company, then?  You fully back everything he has said?

prometeus

Verified Provider
Fran has no need to "shut up M".  Truthfully, neither do I - your boy does a fantastic job of making himself look like an ass without any assistance.  Even Fabozzi puts up more of a challenge than this kid; and if you want to see why Prometeus has been drug into this, check the first few posts where he drops your name himself.  You're the one deciding to suddenly back Mao and his lies, and try to justify his behaviour.  Sure, "you won't change him" - but you allow him to represent your company like this?

The 'threat' is a trolling comment Fran made in passing during a PM to Mao when the latter wouldn't stop running his mouth.  Only someone that's never actually spoken with Fran, or isn't trying to twist words in a libel campaign, would see it as an actual threat.

Besides, I've already told Mao to post the PM.  He refuses to.
Youre joking as usual, read my post to Fran, I read the pm, fount them excessive, din't like the comment of Fran so politely (with my usual Engrish) given the occasion to close the question with an ack. 

(I did read the PM)

So you fully endorse his campaign of libel and lies against another company, then?  You fully back everything he has said?

Don't play with words. He his like he his and I accept him this way. For example I don't like your head of horse, but you're as you are and I accept you this way. I don't need to agree on everything with you to accept you, it's called diversity. :)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Could care less if you agree or disagree with me.  Folks are entitled to their own opinions.  What I'm asking you directly, is if you support/endorse the actions Mao is taking here.  (For the record - another attempted dodge will simply be considered a 'yes').

prometeus

Verified Provider
Could care less if you agree or disagree with me.  Folks are entitled to their own opinions.  What I'm asking you directly, is if you support/endorse the actions Mao is taking here.  (For the record - another attempted dodge will simply be considered a 'yes').
Soooo you're asking for an opinion... I didn't dig in most of your threads.... Anyway I'm a friend of him, and as a friend  I'm with him "no question asked". Hope you can understand this as I suppose you have the same attitude with Fran. :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I have absolutely NO doubt that you are a nice and helpful guy, Fran. But take a look at your tone. As if Maounique would be the only "pain in the ass" in this constellation. Aldryic can be painful for bystanders from time to time as well. I see absolutely no reason to be so dickish and unfriendly to Salvatore. I really liked you from past postings, Fran, but your last 2 ones make you look childish. I take back the Fapozzi analogy. though. That was too hard and insulting. :)
I apologize if anything comes off as that, It just gets tiresome. As I said, Mao's been at it for 1 1/2 years now and we've not taken part over on LE for about a year now. I hit it up if we're brought up but since half the comments are Mao trying to stir the pot I leave it be. He goes on about how we're scamming users on bandwidth or things like that, and yet we just recently upgraded our two biggest plans to include 2x - 3x more transit.

We have countless users that burn their whole allocations (we got 1 guy that burns probably 200mbit/sec alone) and he continues it. Yes, we had problems at EGI. Yes, he pointed it out but things went from fantastic to "what the shit" with them in a matter of < 1 week because they moved some fatty customers into 1090.

You've now had another hosting company that had the exact same issues as us post and yet he still continues.

EDIT - QPS is more dedi's than VM's now, fixed their designation.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Soooo you're asking for an opinion... I didn't dig in most of your threads.... Anyway I'm a friend of him, and as a friend  I'm with him "no question asked". Hope you can understand this as I suppose you have the same attitude with Fran. :)
I understand quite well - and since you decided to avoid my question again, I'll take that to mean you and your company fully endorse your employee's campaign of lies and libel against us.  Your "poor English" act doesn't work quite so well on other ESLs.

So let me make myself perfectly clear - Mao is barely worth notice.  Collar your dog, and I'm content with forgetting his existence again.  But you or he decide to continue this little charade;  be fully aware we'll consider it an attack from your company.  No, I don't have the same attitude as Francisco.  He's the nice guy.  I'm the one that won't show you mercy.

Corporal Clegg

So quite a few could see it as a real threat in other words?

And for dodging, isn't that what Fran does/did in regards to this threat message?

BuyVM has always come across as an eliteist-wannabe company to me.

I'm sure you have a smart comment in return, but you really should stop. It makes you look really bad.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony

And for dodging, isn't that what Fran does/did in regards to this threat message?
Possibly.  Hence why said trolling was done in private for a select audience.  The biggest mistake was the attempt to relate to the guy at all and try to smooth things out.

Not sure if I see it on the dodging.  To be fair, we have asked Mao several times to screenshot the PM for everyone's clarification - that seems more the opposite of dodging to me :p  But objectively.. just how friendly can you be with someone that's apparently made a life goal of spreading lies about you? 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

BuyVM has always come across as an eliteist-wannabe company to me.

I'm sure you have a smart comment in return, but you really should stop. It makes you look really bad.
I've not dodged anything. He claims I hacked him which is incorrect. The PM was him claiming that prometeus doesn't have a single fault in anything it does and I said "I'll provision a vm on each node and I'll find things to complain about since that's what you do to us".

Remember, Mao hasn't been a customer of ours in almost 2 years now. If he has service with us he's using another fake identity to do so. But, we keep an eye for anyone running TOR on our network to make sure it isn't an exit node.

I was fully aware that Mao would run off to Sal with it, that was my intent. Sal lets Mao run around and do this to lots of people, not just us, but say anything his way and he's booking time away from the family to write posts.

I'm not sure where we come off as elitists either. If we weren't skilled in what we do we wouldn't get daily PM's from people asking for an extra pair of eyes.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
We've always been a dedicated server company since day 1.  VPS came later.

Most of our ads lately have been related to dedicated servers, but we also still do VPS.  Nothing has changed there.
That's why I fixed my write up :) I wrote 'vps provider' which, while true, you're more known for dedi's.

Francisco

qps

Verified Provider
We were ready to expand at EGI before they started playing games with their network.

We manually migrated all of our customers out EGI to new hardware in Las Vegas, and the network performance while we were doing that was very poor most of the time, even though it ran over HE's network the whole way.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
We were ready to expand at EGI before they started playing games with their network.

We manually migrated all of our customers out EGI to new hardware in Las Vegas, and the network performance while we were doing that was very poor most of the time, even though it ran over HE's network the whole way.
Yikes man, that must've been brutal.  We actually completely stopped offering any migrations/etc from EGI because more often than not, the route would fail halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner