There are no current SBL listings for velocity-servers.net

lowesthost

Verified Provider
the Christmas  miracle is over

guessing they just updating their database 

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Bahaha stuff is back :) Still seems, ahh brief for them.

Found 6 SBL listings for IPs under the responsibility of velocity-servers.net

SBL236540 23.95.38.23/32 velocity-servers.net 07-Oct-2014 17:02 GMT Snowshoe spam operation  
shad02.gif

SBL236141 96.8.112.0/20 velocity-servers.net 02-Oct-2014 07:50 GMT Spammer hosting (escalation)  
shad02.gif

SBL235654 192.227.128.0/17 velocity-servers.net 26-Sep-2014 11:50 GMT Spammer hosting (escalation)  
shad02.gif

SBL226022 198.46.128.0/17 velocity-servers.net 20-Jun-2014 14:42 GMT Continuous spam source (escalation)  
shad02.gif

SBL225915 192.210.128.0/17 velocity-servers.net 19-Jun-2014 11:43 GMT Spammer hosting (escalation)  
shad02.gif

SBL221319 23.94.0.0/15 velocity-servers.net 03-May-2014 10:08 GMT snowshoe range

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Not all of them are back. In fact, two of the three biggest (/15) SBLs are still gone. But it is starting to look much more normal (depressing as "normal" may be).

MattKC

I love the cc fanboys who got all giddy claiming cc was actually cleaning things up and this was the result of their efforts. Try again fanboys, and enjoy having your traffic blackholed while cc continues to rake in the $$$ from the spammers.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
SBL236620 192.3.30.0/27 velocity-servers.net 08-Oct-2014 14:34 GMT Snowshoe netblock (2nd listing for the same spammer after 1 week)

tl;dr the listings are back because the dumb shit daycare kids are still rotating spammers and lying to Spamhaus

edited to add: SenderBase is showing a 110% increase in SPAM from ColoCrossing yesterday after the SBL's were temporarily removed.

Network Owner ColoCrossing      

Last Day Last Month Email Volume

7.9 7.8

Volume Change 110% up

http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/org/?search_string=ColoCrossing

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
SBL236620 192.3.30.0/27 velocity-servers.net 08-Oct-2014 14:34 GMT Snowshoe netblock (2nd listing for the same spammer after 1 week)
...Aaaand that SBL is already gone. That is very suspicious. I suspect SpamHaus is having DB troubles, and by troubles I mean someone is fiddling with things they shouldn't be. There should be more and larger listings, but there aren't.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Problem is simple - block SMTP outbound without a permission slip from their mom, or in case of being a real business, a signed legal agreement with STIFF financial penalties for spam.  

But this expecting way too much from a company that lacks COMMON policies such as PRIVACY.  Annoying legalese getting in the way of fast and dirty money.

Whole statement by Biloh about working with Spamhaus and being delisted and relisted is problematic.   Unsure who the puppet is he's yanking on, but his network continues to be filled with problem users, and that is regardless of what Spamhaus lists.

After all that shit talking and claims of fraud from ColoCrossing, about Spamhaus, on Lowendtalk, you'd think Spamhaus would be far more careful dealing with these guys.

lowesthost

Verified Provider
Problem is simple - block SMTP outbound without a permission slip from their mom
is a permission slip from my mom OK :)

Me personally  Just let them continue to be a spammer haven  keeps most of  the scum contained in one place easy to block. I noticed since the the beginning of the year the the normal Rosko Spammers  making their rounds  trying to sign up under their latest fake alias has decreased as they have a happy home at CC.

Sad but even SPAMMERS might get tired of the Blacklists and move to greener pastures :(

Reactions: scv

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Just let them continue to be a spammer haven  keeps most of  the scum contained in one place easy to block. I noticed since the the beginning of the year the the normal Rosko Spammers  making their rounds  trying to sign up under their latest fake alias has decreased as they have a happy home at CC.
This, absolutely.  We have dumps and landfills for our physical trash - ColoCrossing is a most appropriate place to keep the virtual trash.

amuck-landowner