amuck-landowner

[TX]Catalyst Host: $30/Year 256MB(KVM) and $7 2GB(openVZ) Limited Stock

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Catalsyt Host - Stop shopping, start hosting

Lets Just Get To The Point :)
$30/Yearly | $15/Semi Tall KVM Promo 75% Off For Life [VPSBkvmPROMO] Limited Stock
$7/Month OpenVZ 2GB Trenta Promo (https://portal.catalysthost.com/link.php?id=15) Limited Stock

About Us
For those of you guys who don’t know us, Catalyst Host was started by a group of friends focused on providing our brand of quality hosting. We just want you all to know that we’re more than just another provider, we are customers too. We know what customers want, and we focus on exactly that! We’re also Catalyst customers ourselves! We want the best out of everything we get, and we’ll work hard to make sure you get the best we can give!

Our Philosophy
If you're not going to do something right, don't bother doing it. Catalyst Host has been in business since early 2011. We are not here to give you the most imaginary resources you can't use for the least dollar signs. We are here to give you the best quality, with what I estimate to be some of the least oversold nodes in our market. You have the peace of mind that you services are in good hands, that your service will operate as expected, and that your data will remain safe.

Our Dedication to Quality Networks and Powerful Hardware
The network behind our Dallas servers is multi-homed with multiple 10Gbit connections and redundant Juniper routing with HSRP failover. Network and hardware conditions are monitored 24/7/365. Spare hardware is always stocked and available on site. We utilize A+B power for redundancy in case of brownouts, which are rare in Dallas. As a standard we use dual E5 Intel Xeon Processors with a minimum of 64GB of Ram and Raid 10 setup with 4 to 8 Enterprise Grade Drives. Recently we started using SSD Cache on our KVM Node(s). These Node(s) currently have 6 Enterprise Grade Drives in Raid 10 and 2 SSD Drives in Raid 1 for Cache. You can expect this to be a standard on future nodes.
Our VPSs are located in Dallas, TX. We utilize the Incero Network inside CoreXchange. While we do not own our hardware, we are renting some of the finest hardware available. This is a choice that we made to guarantee the quality of our services.

EACH PLAN COMES WITH
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Free DNS Hosting
  • Weekly Off Site Backup
  • Instant Setup
  • 1Gbps Fair Share Port
Test IP: http://192.211.54.101/test/

Tall KVM
  • RAM: 256MB
  • Cores: 1 CPU Core @ 2.0GHz+
  • 15GB RAID10 Storage with SSD Cache
  • 1 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4 Address
Price: $30.00/year or $15/semi ORDER NOW (VPSBkvmPROMO) 75% Off for LIFE
------------------------------------------------------
Trenta OpenVZ
  • RAM: 2048MB
  • vSwap: 512MB
  • Cores: 4 CPU Core @ 2.0GHz+
  • 60GB RAID10 Storage
  • 2 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4 Address
Price: $7.00/month ORDER NOW
--------------------------------------------------------

Questions? Contact [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

wdq

Quade
Wow. I'm going to have a hard time resisting that $30/year KVM deal. 

On a side note I found an error in the post. You say the $30/year KVM is $17 semi annually in the beginning, and then $15 at the bottom of the post.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Fixed :) Thanks William, I think at some point it was going to be 17, but it was easier to just do 1 Promo Code for 75% Off.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Bandwidth is certainly something we have a lot of. I don't think one of our nodes has used 1TB (backups excluded) in a month yet.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Edit:

Jarland: are you a customer of Catalyst?
In case this isn't a joke, just to let you know @jcaleb@jarland is one of the "group of friends" that runs CatalystHost.

My question is, when will you guys feel comfortable offering IPv6? I've seen @jarland mention how he's not rushing in to it since he wants to learn about the technology first (don't remember where I read that, correct me if I'm wrong), but that was a while ago and I feel like it's time that a company like CatalystHost should seriously pursue this.

jarland

The ocean is digital
In case this isn't a joke, just to let you know @jcaleb, @jarland is one of the "group of friends" that runs CatalystHost.

My question is, when will you guys feel comfortable offering IPv6? I've seen @jarland mention how he's not rushing in to it since he wants to learn about the technology first (don't remember where I read that, correct me if I'm wrong), but that was a while ago and I feel like it's time that a company like CatalystHost should seriously pursue this.
Haven't even started the conversation with our IP provider. Perhaps we could open a dialogue with ARIN. So long as most ISPs in the US continue to ignore the protocol it just doesn't serve much of a purpose from my perspective. Certainly not opposed to it.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
our IP provider
Ahh, just looked up the test IP and realized you're with Incero. Gordon still hasn't gotten around to implementing IPv6 either, so that would make it harder for you guys. As to ISP support, they seem to be saying "well, a lot of the DCs/providers aren't supporting it yet, so why should we?". And then the DCs/providers are saying the same thing about ISPs. Someone has to get the ball rolling, and I'm doing my level headed best, as far as my influence extends (not far, unfortunately). As you may have noticed, I do my best to encourage providers in setting up IPv6 :) But since you're with Incero, if you do decide to look in to supporting IPv6, you'd have to be among the not inconsiderable number that are asking Gordon to get on the ball. I mean, come on, this is Dallas. Easy access to a lot of upstreams with IPv6 set up and working.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Ahh, just looked up the test IP and realized you're with Incero. Gordon still hasn't gotten around to implementing IPv6 either, so that would make it harder for you guys. As to ISP support, they seem to be saying "well, a lot of the DCs/providers aren't supporting it yet, so why should we?". And then the DCs/providers are saying the same thing about ISPs. Someone has to get the ball rolling, and I'm doing my level headed best, as far as my influence extends (not far, unfortunately). As you may have noticed, I do my best to encourage providers in setting up IPv6 :) But since you're with Incero, if you do decide to look in to supporting IPv6, you'd have to be among the not inconsiderable number that are asking Gordon to get on the ball. I mean, come on, this is Dallas. Easy access to a lot of upstreams with IPv6 set up and working.
You have a fair point :)

jarland

The ocean is digital
My question is, when will you guys feel comfortable offering IPv6?
Interestingly I just realized that we've got 0.5ms ping to an IPv4 point for HE IPv6 tunnel. I just added some in SolusVM just for fun. If anyone has a reason for them and doesn't mind a tunnel. Don't know if that's something we'll advertise so much as offer when asked... until something more solid lands.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Interestingly I just realized that we've got 0.5ms ping to an IPv4 point for HE IPv6 tunnel. I just added some in SolusVM just for fun. If anyone has a reason for them and doesn't mind a tunnel. Don't know if that's something we'll advertise so much as offer when asked... until something more solid lands.
Traceroute from your server to the HE.net tunnel server?

jarland

The ocean is digital
Traceroute from your server to the HE.net tunnel server?
Certainly could be a worse situation for a tunnel.

[root@node6 ~]# traceroute 184.105.253.10

traceroute to 184.105.253.10 (184.105.253.10), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets

1  23.29.121.65 (23.29.121.65)  2.419 ms  2.478 ms  2.506 ms

2  r1-side-from-sc.inceronetwork.com (192.211.63.1)  0.149 ms  0.162 ms  0.144 ms

3  inceronetwork.com.corexchange.com (74.124.30.97)  0.351 ms  0.359 ms  0.352 ms

4  10gigabitethernet3-1.core1.dal1.he.net (206.223.118.37)  0.600 ms  0.810 ms  0.931 ms

5  184.105.253.10 (184.105.253.10)  0.796 ms  0.786 ms  0.777 ms

[root@node6 ~]# ping 184.105.253.10 -c 5

PING 184.105.253.10 (184.105.253.10) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 184.105.253.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=0.673 ms

64 bytes from 184.105.253.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=60 time=0.503 ms

64 bytes from 184.105.253.10: icmp_seq=3 ttl=60 time=0.473 ms

64 bytes from 184.105.253.10: icmp_seq=4 ttl=60 time=0.521 ms

64 bytes from 184.105.253.10: icmp_seq=5 ttl=60 time=0.536 ms

--- 184.105.253.10 ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4001ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.473/0.541/0.673/0.070 ms

amuck-landowner