amuck-landowner

UGVPS's domain doesn't work.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
UGVPS ought to be renamed UGHVPS.

They aren't going anywhere.  The owner IS EMPLOYED BY ColoCrossing. Thomas Dale baby...  Only place they'd go is 100% CC owned.   Likely already owned at least half by CVPS.

Matt,<br />
<br />
Yep, getting this assigned now.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
----<br />
Thomas Dale<br />
Operations, ColoCrossing.com<br />
Office: +1 (800) 518-9716<br />
Fax: +1 (716) 335-9628
That's 2013-10-26 to a CC customer.

Last edited by a moderator:

SrsX

Banned
Wow, it's almost like you have an interest in discrediting the OP. U mad, SrsX?
Well, at least I know I'm more mature then a hosting company owner...

Am I mad? No. I was just trying to make a point, just because a issue happens means it is not a AUTOMATIC deadpool.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Good call.

The domain didn't expire, so curious what GoDaddy did to cause all this drama.
I highly doubt that GoDaddy is the cause of the drama (although I could be wrong).  Let's review the facts: name servers changed from ns1/2.ugvps.com to GD's nameservers and domain forwarded to google, account holder needs to contact GD to try to get things fixed because they can't do it from within their account. When you see something like that it usually means the GD account was hacked/hijacked and the hacker probably changed the DNS, forwarded the domain, and changed the contact info and passwords on the account.  They shouldn't have any problem regaining control of the domain if their account was hijacked but dealing with GD can be a pain in the ass when a hijacking occurs (read this horror story http://www.domaininvesting.com/anonymous-guest-post-how-my-go-daddy-account-was-hacked/ )

FYI, the temporary name ugeekvps.com they registered (through namecheap) last night is using private WHOIS (joining CVPS and HVH in the list of providers who have started hiding their ownership info during the past 6 months).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- I lol'd. My people wear grass skirts though and sandals.

Sh!t never adds up in Buffalo. House brands ran moronically. This was a snafu of some weird origin. Being offline for 5 days and no one answering tickets, well that's the stuff of support legends lately.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I feel like a lot has already been said that needed to be said in this thread however for reference purposes I would just like to state my opinion that I don't think it's possible for any large or major ColoCrossing hosting provider to deadpool to be honest.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
FYI, the temporary name ugeekvps.com they registered (through namecheap) last night is using private WHOIS 
IIRC, Namecheap includes 1 year of WhoisGuard by default, and it's activated by default. If they were in a big hurry to get stuff working, then they probably glossed over disabling it. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
 I don't think it's possible for any large or major ColoCrossing hosting provider to deadpool to be honest.
Cause daddy won't let them, he'll just gobble them into the uddership or was that uttershit?

GVH-Jon

Banned
Cause daddy won't let them, he'll just gobble them into the uddership or was that uttershit?
It would be the same case no matter what datacenter it is. I don't think any upstream provider or datacenter wants any of their large clients deadpooling.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
It would be the same case no matter what datacenter it is. I don't think any upstream provider or datacenter wants any of their large clients deadpooling.
Err, not quite.  The difference is that legitimate datacentres don’t typically hold ownership of their ’clients’.  People under aggressive sales contracts that are obligated to fill X amount of rented rackspace in a mall?  That’s a different story.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Err, not quite.  The difference is that legitimate datacentres don’t typically hold ownership of their ’clients’.  People under aggressive sales contracts that are obligated to fill X amount of rented rackspace in a mall?  That’s a different story.
Are you making assumptions on ColoCrossing's LTO contracts or do you actually have insider information?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Crystal said "We are not going anywhere, we seem to be facing a problem with the domain and we are working with GoDaddy support."  and "We have set up our temporary domain while awaiting resolution from GoDaddy support as we want to offer clients a way to contact us etc."

7 days later and ugvps.com is still forwarding to google.com...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hehehe... What?

I had to see this with my own eyes.  Indeed.  Ugvps.com pushes you to Google.

What in the world is going on with these jokers?

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I'd probably say no... I've never seen something like that happen for this long... I've been doing this in some shape or form since 1999 and GoDaddy is crappy, but I don't know if they are THAT crappy... If I were the owners of ugvps.com I would transfer the domain out to a different registrar...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Name Server: NS41.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS42.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

nslookup ugvps.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: ugvps.com
Address: 184.168.221.26

whois 184.168.221.26

NetRange: 184.168.0.0 - 184.168.255.255
CIDR: 184.168.0.0/16
OriginAS: AS26496
NetName: GO-DADDY-COM-LLC
NetHandle: NET-184-168-0-0-1
Parent: NET-184-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
Comment: Please send abuse complaints to [email protected]
RegDate: 2010-09-21
Updated: 2012-02-24
Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-184-168-0-0-1

OrgName: GoDaddy.com, LLC
OrgId: GODAD
Address: 14455 N Hayden Road
Address: Suite 226
City: Scottsdale
StateProv: AZ

So they registered domain years back with GoDaddy.  They host things with GoDaddy.

Seems like all UGVPS on this one.

Someone said elsewhere about them joining the ranks of the deadpool.   If they are aren't, they sure are imitating the dead well.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It doesn't look like a godaddy issue. Looks like they have it pointing to google's ip.

http://who.is/dns/ugvps.com
Almost :)

They are serving up the Godaddy IP for the A record.

However:

Code:
curl -I ugvps.com

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Cache-Control: max-age=900
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/html
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 05:14:47 GMT
Connection: keep-alive