amuck-landowner

UGVPS's domain doesn't work.

yolo

Whelp

UGVPS has deadpooled it looks like. Their website redirects to google now, and people are complaining that their server has been down for 5+ days

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Wow that is actually unexpected, I thought they were a bit larger - They had paid advertising on LEB iirc.
"Paid" is up for debate I imagine.

They already posted on LEB that they had some issues with godaddy so the domain isn't resolving properly. It's possible they were using googlesites and it's a configuration error?

I wonder what happened with them. They were ripping it up pretty good on the LEB homepage and things were good for a long while then it all slammed into a wall suddenly?

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I doubt they deadpooled. Thomas, the owner, work(s/ed) for Fabozzi at CVPS. Then work(s/ed) for CC themselves. Since those are his upstreams I would assume he'd have special privileges and not get shit-canned or forced into deadpooling.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
They are not a deadpooled host, they are still running, just domain issues. Also the OP is lying and service has not been down 5 days.

SrsX

Banned
#yolo style - his server is down, automatic deadpool.

#yolo style - site misconfiguration / problem, automatic deadpool.

Reality:

1) If your server is down or anyone elses, have you considered contacting them instead of running to other people for help?

2) The site is probably misconfigured, I highly doubt they're deadpooled.

yolo

#yolo style - his server is down, automatic deadpool.

#yolo style - site misconfiguration / problem, automatic deadpool.

Reality:

1) If your server is down or anyone elses, have you considered contacting them instead of running to other people for help?

2) The site is probably misconfigured, I highly doubt they're deadpooled.
Can nobody read?

"people are complaining that their server has been down for 5+ days"

I never said I...

SrsX

Banned
Can nobody read?

"people are complaining that their server has been down for 5+ days"

I never said I...
... you clearly can't.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 Also the OP is lying and service has not been down 5 days.
How would you know if a UGVPS client is lying about having trouble for 5 days when you said a few minutes ago on LET that you don't even know when one of your own clients is experiencing problems with their VPS because you're a huge host, one of the big boys, a giant of the industry, and have too many clients to know the status of an individual client without a ticket number.

As far as the OP, I cant talk about it unless I have some info. We have over 20,000 clients, so its impossible for me to comment on a ticket I know nothing about. This is not some little hobby host like BuyVM etc that only get 15 tickets a day.

posted on LET by Chris tonight http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17237/issues-with-chicagovps-reasons-i-cancelled-review

yolo

... you clearly can't.

Lets break this down.

1. I was just going off of the LET thread

2. I dont have any services with them

3. Their website is down how would I contact them?

SrsX

Banned
Lets break this down.

1. I was just going off of the LET thread

2. I dont have any services with them

3. Their website is down how would I contact them?
Let's break this down even more.

1. If you're going off a dramapit thread, then that's your fault

2. If you have no service with them, yet claim they have 5+ "days downtime" for "some people," then it's none of your business.

3. Email, IRC, etc. or hell, UGVPS is on the CC payroll, just email them and ask to speak with the owner of UGVPS (forget his / her name).

JackDoan

Let's break this down even more.

1. If you're going off a dramapit thread, then that's your fault

2. If you have no service with them, yet claim they have 5+ "days downtime" for "some people," then it's none of your business.

3. Email, IRC, etc. or hell, UGVPS is on the CC payroll, just email them and ask to speak with the owner of UGVPS (forget his / her name).
Wow, it's almost like you have an interest in discrediting the OP. U mad, SrsX?

Novacha

Content Contributer
I got an email around 2 hours ago stating the following:

Hello,

Due to problems with GoDaddy and our domain ugvps.com, our website is currently inaccessible. We have set up our temporary domain while awaiting resolution from GoDaddy support as we want to offer clients a way to contact us etc in the meantime. Our temporary domain is: http://ugeekvps.com/

Those that need to open a ticket may do so at: http://www.ugeekvps.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3

We will send another email once our primary domain is accessible again.

Thank you for your cooperation and apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Thank you,

Unique Geek - UGVPS
I thought this might be relevant.

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
People jump to conclusions too quickly :p Glad to see everything's okay with them. B)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Curious why the primary domain isn't working, and what the issue is. Bummer situation.

amuck-landowner